When they play La Marseillaise at Rick's Café Americain

NiftyNiblick

1960s Chick Magnet
That scene from Casablanca gets me every single freakin' time, and I have to have seen it fifty times.

I love that movie. The production values are laughably primitive and I don't care.

Tonight, with no Red Sox game, I watched Splendor in the Grass again, this time with the Gestapo. She wanted to see it.

It was almost like a date. We never watch TV together. We're usually not on the same floor. After we eat, the dog and I are banished to the man cave.
But tonight she joined us, we watched it together, and then we watched Casablanca.

It was a good night watching a film from 1961 followed by a film from 1943.

Our world is clearly gone, but there's still a little room for us dinosaurs to roam around and do our thing.

I watched Casablanca again a couple of weeks ago. My wife HAD NEVER SEEN IT. Go figure. Great film. I realize that not everything in it has aged well, but it's still a classic. I agree with you on that scene. Chill worthy.

That scene from Casablanca gets me every single freakin' time, and I have to have seen it fifty times.

I love that movie. The production values are laughably primitive and I don't care.

Tonight, with no Red Sox game, I watched Splendor in the Grass again, this time with the Gestapo. She wanted to see it.

It was almost like a date. We never watch TV together. We're usually not on the same floor. After we eat, the dog and I are banished to the man cave.
But tonight she joined us, we watched it together, and then we watched Casablanca.

Our world is clearly gone, but there's still a little room for us dinosaurs to roam around and do our thing.
Get a mini projector/screen...Do a drive-in movie date night ...Just a suggestion... So much fun it's a Friday night thing here now...;)

Turner Classic Movie Channel is a favorite in our house. Yesterday while working on paperwork and grand was sleeping, we watched “Five Miles to Midnight”. They are showing “House of Wax” Vincent Price, today.

I love “Casablanca”

I remember my mother not allowing us to watch “Splendor in the Grass” when I watched it years later, I didn’t understand her objections.

Hollywood was very 'nationalist' in and after the War. I would always see a picture hanging on the wall of Chiang Kai-Shek in Charlie Chan movies.

"Chiang Kai-shek
Chiang Kai-shek, also known as Chiang Chung-cheng and romanized via Mandarin as Chiang Chieh-shih and Jiang Jieshi, was a Chinese Nationalist politician, revolutionary and military leader who served as the leader of the Republic of China from 1928, first in mainland China until 1949 and then in Taiwan, until his death in 1975.Wikipedia

Back