Where were you?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PwWkV4HQ4"]YouTube - Alan Jackson - Where Were You (Live Video)[/ame]

I like Alan Jackson, but that's beside the point I know. I woke up with a slight hangover and the mrs was yelling in my ear about what had happened, I turned the volume up on the radio and heard the normal stupid breakfast show duo trying to explain what had happened and breaking down in tears every few minutes and reassuring their listeners that it wasn't a joke. I went downstairs and watched CNN on tv (it was our morning) and apart from everything else I knew the world had changed.

I'm not sure if you know this, Damo, but during this "upgrade" someone seems to have hacked into your account and is posting youtube clips of a man in a bad moustache all over your board.

Sorry, video works beautifully, I'm running Linux Ubuntu (Gutsy) and Firefox 2.0.0.14 and it's fine.

I'm not sure if you know this, Damo, but during this "upgrade" someone seems to have hacked into your account and is posting youtube clips of a man in a bad moustache all over your board.

You'd kill for the hat though. I could do without the jeans. I used to have jeans like that in my Jack Kerouac phase back in the late 1960s.

You'd kill for the hat though. I could do without the jeans. I used to have jeans like that in my Jack Kerouac phase back in the late 1960s.

Oh, i wouldn't have any bad words for the hat. The big old cowboy hat is a look which could never be pulled of by your average Englishman, in his natural surroundings, and is thus slightly exotic and mysterious to me.

You Australian chaps can do the cowboy hat thing and for that we envy you.

Oh, i wouldn't have any bad words for the hat. The big old cowboy hat is a look which could never be pulled of by your average Englishman, in his natural surroundings, and is thus slightly exotic and mysterious to me.

You Australian chaps can do the cowboy hat thing and for that we envy you.

But we have to avoid a few traps. The hat is very important. I don't wear one now. I retired my Akubra many years ago when I finished working where I needed to wear it. I won't wear it in my urban setting even on the hottest days. I am fearful of the tag "wanker". It might be valid but I don't want to hear it. But I have a huge range of baseball caps. They're acceptable.

But we have to avoid a few traps. The hat is very important. I don't wear one now. I retired my Akubra many years ago when I finished working where I needed to wear it. I won't wear it in my urban setting even on the hottest days. I am fearful of the tag "wanker". It might be valid but I don't want to hear it. But I have a huge range of baseball caps. They're acceptable.

It is all too true that, nowadays, the hat wearer is afforded little respect. Unfortunately i was born much too late to witness the golden years of British head adornment; days when the streets of every self-respecting English metropolis was wall-to-wall bowler hats.

I can't get away with the baseball cap. For my part, i feel i am betraying the milliner. I am still on the lookout for a fine pork-pie hat though. It's like a modern day search for the Holy Grail.

I was noting the jeans myself. I was wondering if he has people to tear up the knee or if he actually wore them down himself...

It is all too true that, nowadays, the hat wearer is afforded little respect. Unfortunately i was born much too late to witness the golden years of British head adornment; days when the streets of every self-respecting English metropolis was wall-to-wall bowler hats.

I can't get away with the baseball cap. For my part, i feel i am betraying the milliner. I am still on the lookout for a fine pork-pie hat though. It's like a modern day search for the Holy Grail.

Monty Python killed the bowler hat. They also did a number on the pinstripe but it survived.

Andy Capp saved the flat cap though, thankfully.

The pork pie hat can be found on any race day in Australia, they're usually worn by the stewards and the course detective.

I was noting the jeans myself. I was wondering if he has people to tear up the knee or if he actually wore them down himself...

I think he outsources it to Vietnam where a peasant wears them in the paddy fields for a few weeks and sends them back, after they've been laundered of course.

It's time the liberal media stopped tipping their champagne glasses in celebration of Rudd's election victory last year and began reporting honestly and without bias.

It's somewhat disturbing that the ABC media reported how John Howard delivered a "scathing" attack on the new Rudd government's policies when the former Prime Minister did not once even mention the new government.

What's even more disturbing was how the same ABC reported former Prime Minister Paul Keating's frequent attacks on the Howard government as "interesting" and sometimes "tough". A far cry from Howard's very obvious "scathing" attack on the new Labuor government.

It's time the liberal media stopped tipping their champagne glasses in celebration of Rudd's election victory last year and began reporting honestly and without bias.

It's somewhat disturbing that the ABC media reported how John Howard delivered a "scathing" attack on the new Rudd government's policies when the former Prime Minister did not once even mention the new government.

What's even more disturbing was how the same ABC reported former Prime Minister Paul Keating's frequent attacks on the Howard government as "interesting" and sometimes "tough". A far cry from Howard's very obvious "scathing" attack on the new Labuor government.

Not enough hat talk.

And i'll wager you know bugger all about Australian politics outside the results you got from a Google search on Australia+Politics+Liberal+Evil

And here it is...........
http://www.auspolitics.net/rudds-media-honeymoon/

Poor, very, very poor.

One day you may even think of an opinion of your own. Or at least attribute it to it's proper source.

It's hat talk alright - talking through one's hat :)

Back