Which of these ppl are you most like??

It is nature to help a younger or much older person. Good video Wild Bill.

Prob true... The assumption is prob that he is just a bum, just wants to drink/drugs whatever~that he made this choice when most likely he has some serious issues(mentally)..

Personally I use to have zero compassion for them, that is what I believed but after befriending a local homeless guy my views have changed about 180...

Prob true... The assumption is prob that he is just a bum, just wants to drink/drugs whatever~that he made this choice when most likely he has some serious issues(mentally)..

Personally I use to have zero compassion for them, that is what I believed but after befriending a local homeless guy my views have changed about 180...

You are a good man Wild Bill. I mean that.

Look, I'll give money to homeless people on the street, but, I also know that many are just going to spend it on drugs/money. Beyond that, I also know that a huge percentage have mental health problems. For that reason, and for the small amount that simply feel lost/alone in life, I give the money (or food), and just forget about the substance abuse angle.

Look, I'll give money to homeless people on the street, but, I also know that many are just going to spend it on drugs/money. Beyond that, I also know that a huge percentage have mental health problems. For that reason, and for the small amount that simply feel lost/alone in life, I give the money (or food), and just forget about the substance abuse angle.

Giving food is often better.. A lot of them also need clothes as well w/ the change of the seasons..

Being from the country I rarely see this. When I do I am in the city ... usually OKC but occasionally Tulsa. I used to drop some money into the cup or hat or whatever. When I was single I would often offer to take them somewhere and buy them a meal ... like on Groundhog Day, but I never had one to die on me. Now when I know I'm going to be driving in a city I make sure to have a homeless handout pack with various things in it. I've been doing this pack thing for about 10 years now. I usually have about 5 or six made up when we go to OKC. I can't buy them a house but I can show a little compassion.

Being from the country I rarely see this. When I do I am in the city ... usually OKC but occasionally Tulsa. I used to drop some money into the cup or hat or whatever. When I was single I would often offer to take them somewhere and buy them a meal ... like on Groundhog Day, but I never had one to die on me. Now when I know I'm going to be driving in a city I make sure to have a homeless handout pack with various things in it. I've been doing this pack thing for about 10 years now. I usually have about 5 or six made up when we go to OKC. I can't buy them a house but I can show a little compassion.
Can I ask what you put in the pack??

I have many fiends that do that several times a month... Most use a combo of food, snacks & personal hygiene stuff like toothbrush, mouthwash etc..

Can I ask what you put in the pack??

I have many fiends that do that several times a month... Most use a combo of food, snacks & personal hygiene stuff like toothbrush, mouthwash etc..
I do women's purses with feminine products, lotion, deodorant, baby wipes, etc

For all of you posting on this thread helping others. This is what being an American is. This is humanity. This is what we all need to get back to.
Thank you all for just being you.

For all of you posting on this thread helping others. This is what being an American is. This is humanity. This is what we all need to get back to.
Thank you all for just being you.

lets do it real effectively

through legislation

Back