Which one has the real entitlmenet?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Entitlement-Comic-front.jpeg

SS is not an entitlement, it is a forced investment. I think the disconnect is in the misapplication of terminology.

Not only that, but if the guy had paid into SS all his life and maxed at least 30 years, he would be getting around $28-30k per year. That said, I do agree with the point of the OP that the idiots in Congress need a severe reality check as their sense of entitlement seems to grow leaps and bounds each and every year.

It is an insurance program, one that many Seniors are thankful for after private investments went south.

Other insurance programs that are used for investment portfolios would include an Annuity. That it is an "insurance" program is useless when saying that it isn't an investment.. It is a forced investment, one that I include when figuring out my portfolio. It has the crappiest of returns, but it is something that I invest in however crappy the return because I have to.

Last edited:
Other insurance programs that are used for investment portfolios would include an Annuity. That it is an "insurance" program is baseless. It is a forced investment, one that I include when figuring out my portfolio. It has the crappiest of returns, but it is something that I invest in however crappy the return because I have to.

So it's a forced investment and not insurance because you say so. OK. Nice argument.

So it's a forced investment and not insurance because you say so. OK. Nice argument.

No, it is a forced investment, and it is insurance. What is baseless is assuming it isn't an investment because it is insurance. There are many insurance investments that people use as vehicles for retirement. I even provided an example. This is a straw man, built wholly from your own mind.

Other insurance programs that are used for investment portfolios would include an Annuity. That it is an "insurance" program is useless when saying that it isn't an investment.. It is a forced investment, one that I include when figuring out my portfolio. It has the crappiest of returns, but it is something that I invest in however crappy the return because I have to.

And if your other investments go south, as some retires did in 2008, you will be happy to have that crappy back up.

And if your other investments go south, as some retires did in 2008, you will be happy to have that crappy back up.

The money would be better suited in an annuity contract rather than the government ponzi scheme.

You don't hear talk of annuities cutting back on their guarantees that were made to existing clients. You do hear talk from politicians cutting social security bene's in the future due to the ponzi scheme blowing up. (provided we don't increase taxes to pay for the unfunded liabilities... and keep in mind, Obama the almighty is currently cutting funding to social security by reducing the amount of payroll tax)

No, it is a forced investment, and it is insurance. What is baseless is assuming it isn't an investment because it is insurance. There are many insurance investments that people use as vehicles for retirement. I even provided an example. This is a straw man, built wholly from your own mind.

What makes it an investment as opposed to just insurance? I mean, just because stupid people buy annuities thinking they are an investment doesn't mean that all insurance is a form of "investment."

The money would be better suited in an annuity contract rather than the government ponzi scheme.

You don't hear talk of annuities cutting back on their guarantees that were made to existing clients. You do hear talk from politicians cutting social security bene's in the future due to the ponzi scheme blowing up. (provided we don't increase taxes to pay for the unfunded liabilities... and keep in mind, Obama the almighty is currently cutting funding to social security by reducing the amount of payroll tax)

Annuities are for suckers that are too stupid to tell their terrible financial advisors to take a hike when they push them.

The only way to stop politicians from talking about cutting SS benefits is to ban Republicans from being politicians

And, keep in mind, that the payroll tax cuts don't reduce funding to Social Security. Look it up.

Back