Which SEC will win the BCS Championship for the 2012 season?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

Yes, it is way too early. But why not?

LSU will still be loaded and might actually have a QB.

Bama loses some serious talent, but still has a stockpile of great players.

Arkansas will have the excellent RB back and a QB with a gun for an arm.

Who else??

Watch out for cawacko's Trojans. They have that high school schedule including ND, and a luckless Stanford.

They are picked #1 in a couple of preseason polls. I imagine they will run the table for the regular season.

Then all they have to do is beat the top SEC team for the big trophy.

I think the Trojan's best asset if Lane Kiffin's dad. Monte is a defensive mastermind.

Yes, it is way too early. But why not?

LSU will still be loaded and might actually have a QB.

Bama loses some serious talent, but still has a stockpile of great players.

Arkansas will have the excellent RB back and a QB with a gun for an arm.

Who else??
Well it Ohio State won't win the mythical national championship game this year, that's gaurenteed, but here's the real question. Will they adopt the "plus one model" and finally force you SEC fraidy cats to play outside your own back yard?

Well it Ohio State won't win the mythical national championship game this year, that's gaurenteed, but here's the real question. Will they adopt the "plus one model" and finally force you SEC fraidy cats to play outside your own back yard?

We'll play where ever. I don't recall Penn State doing any better against us at Beaver Stadium than they did at Bryant Denny Stadium. Texas sure didn't beat us in the Rose Bowl.

I don't think location is what wins a game. Home field advantage is far more important.

We'll play where ever. I don't recall Penn State doing any better against us at Beaver Stadium than they did at Bryant Denny Stadium. Texas sure didn't beat us in the Rose Bowl.

I don't think location is what wins a game. Home field advantage is far more important.
I'll give Bama credit for playing PSU but it's been a long time since any SEC team has done that. That's another great thing about a plus one mode. The Semi-finals would be played at the home field of the top ranked team (not so good in that it still gives moron sports writers and coaches with an axe to grind a say) and the finals would be played in a neutral sited and not the SEC's backyard like it has been 75% of the time. But the best part about the plus 4 model is that it opens pandora's box and would be the death nell of the BCS.

Here's what I predict will happen if a plus 4 model is adopted. First I think that would happen because a true NCG, as opposed to a BCS Mythological Championship, would generate Super Bowl levels of viewership. It would go from the pathetic 21 mill viewer or the last BCS NCG to around 100 million. You're talking a cool billion in revenue and that doesn't even count the semi-final games or the traditional bowl games. So the plus 4 model will probably happen soon.

After that happens to glaring weaknesses of a plus 4 model will become apparent. You still have the top four teams being decided by opinion polls and not on the field. It's far better then the current BCS model but far from perfect. That leaves the next step between a 8 game and a 16 game playoff. I predict the 8 game model will prevail. The reason I think this will happen is due to conference consolidation. Conference USA and the Mountain west are realigning into a new super conference. The Big East and Big 12 will also realign to add more members from smaller conferences and you'll probably see the WAC realign with another conference. Point being instead of the current situation where you have 6 privelaged conferences and 5 conferences that are second class citizens. There will be 8 conferences with two divisions and a conference championship game. Each conference champion will get an automatic bid to the national championship tournament and those who don't win their conferences will have the traditional bowl games to play in. It's a win win situation.

The Arkansas Razorbacks looked like this year would be their best shot at the NC. They bring back a bunch of talent and experience, they have a top level QB, their RB is healthy and looks to be one of the best this year, and their defense looked strong.

Now Bobby Petrino has been placed on indefinite leave. Oops!!

Back