White Boy Gerhart

cawacko

This does come from Yahoo sports which makes the National Enquirer look like a solid straight forward news organization but pretty funny nonetheless. I can only imagine the outrage if roles were reversed here.

Toby Gerhart Would Be A First Round Pick If He Were Black

The White Running Back: We’ve covered the plight of Stanford’s Toby Gerhart. But we havn’t seen any quotes like this, which came from a scout: “He’ll be a great second-round pickup for somebody, but I guarantee you if he was the exact same guy – but he was black – he’d go in the first round for sure. You could make a case that he’s a Steven Jackson-type – doesn’t have blazing speed but he’s strong and powerful and versatile.”

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...would-be-a-first-round-pick-if-he-were-black/

This does come from Yahoo sports which makes the National Enquirer look like a solid straight forward news organization but pretty funny nonetheless. I can only imagine the outrage if roles were reversed here.

Toby Gerhart Would Be A First Round Pick If He Were Black

The White Running Back: We’ve covered the plight of Stanford’s Toby Gerhart. But we havn’t seen any quotes like this, which came from a scout: “He’ll be a great second-round pickup for somebody, but I guarantee you if he was the exact same guy – but he was black – he’d go in the first round for sure. You could make a case that he’s a Steven Jackson-type – doesn’t have blazing speed but he’s strong and powerful and versatile.”

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...would-be-a-first-round-pick-if-he-were-black/

That is amazing. What idiots.

And the teams that need a back would do well to look at Gerhart. He was amazing last year.

That is amazing. What idiots.

And the teams that need a back would do well to look at Gerhart. He was amazing last year.

I've heard people refer to quarterbacks as 'system QB's' like someone from Texas Tech for example but I hadn't heard that used on a running back until last year when I heard that about Gerhart. I don't know how true that is but if it is it probably doesn't speak well to future NFL success.

However I'm with you, if someone gets him in the the 3rd round they are getting a real solid player.

We've all heard them slam black qb's as not smart enough. If he were a corner it would be worse. If the saints needed a rb I'd be thrilled to have him, despite his best game being against the Trojan Swiss cheese d.

Back