White House press secretary Snow resigns

Did he cite the incredible pain of his sickness? Seriously, nobody could have believed he would be long for the job when he got serious cancer.

If I remember correctly he cited financial reasons. He apparently ran out of money. $170,000 doesn't go as far as it used to.

Did he cite the incredible pain of his sickness? Seriously, nobody could have believed he would be long for the job when he got serious cancer.

He said that he's doing well and will be undergoing some "preventative chemotherapy" for the two tumors that remain. That implies that those tumors are inoperable and no matter what he says that doesn't look good at all. He claims to be in remission and says that he's optimistic about his health. He apparently took a huge pay cut when he left broadcasting to work at the WH and claims now to be leaving for financial reasons.

Whatever his real reasons, I can't help feeling badly for the guy. This cancer sounds pretty ominous and he's staring his own mortality in the face. The stress of the WH job can't be helping his health in any way and easily could be antagonizing his cancer.

He has the same chemo look I do...his hair is longer though!!! he he

I don't know how he has done, you need lots of strength to keep a straight face when you lie...

Yeah, he said he needed to make more money than the $168k. He's got a family of three (thats one kid, folks). Your challenge: tell me how this is going to play in the heartland.

Yeah, he said he needed to make more money than the $168k. He's got a family of three (thats one kid, folks). Your challenge: tell me how this is going to play in the heartland.

I understand your point, but I used to live in DC -- on a first-year postdoc's salary my rent took up half my gross pay -- and I was far from living in luxury!

I understand your point, but I used to live in DC -- on a first-year postdoc's salary my rent took up half my gross pay -- and I was far from living in luxury!
Yeah but postdocs don't make squat. That's just Natural Law. :p

D.C. is expensive, yes, but not as expensive as San Francisco or New York. I could live very comfortably indeed in S.F. on $168K.

Good Lord Folks....

Y'all act as if everyone is bailing on GW...it's a fact, at the end of all terms everyone bails prior to the end...how many of Billy's team bailed in the 'Last Days' same as GW's and everyone before or after!:rolleyes:

AWWW BB don't bust my bubble. a guys gotta have a dream....
I would like to see bush get up one morning and everyone be gone.

No dude, it said he is a father of three. Include he and his wife and that makes a total of five people.

""Instead, the father of three said he needs to make more than his White House salary of $168,000. He can earn far more on the speechmaking circuit.""

How will it play in the heartland? I don't think people will care one bit.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/08/31/national/w085131D88.DTL

The guy made much more at Faux Noise and already had his life geared for more money.

I just dont understand WHY he took the job, it was a bad move.

I feel for the guy and dont blame him for lying about why hes leaving What is he going to do stand there on national TV and say well "Ill be dead soon so Im leaving"?

He has kids and needs to show them he will fight till the end to stay with them in this world.

Poor guy ,poor kids ,poor family.

I hope he wins his battle.

He has the same chemo look I do...his hair is longer though!!! he he

I don't know how he has done, you need lots of strength to keep a straight face when you lie...

You are beautiful , its the look of a survivor!

Keep kicking that monsters ass babe.

That hair will be blowing in the wind again soon.

I have little sympathy for one who whould become the mouthpiece of the devil.

His children now is another matter.

Yeah I just could not understand why he took the job?

I guess he just must be a scum bag?

But hey he does have kids.

I wouldn't take the job. I guess he thrives on huge challenges. But I think that and cancer is too much.

Back