Who Are You Gonna Believe?

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
I honestly don't know who I should believe. The upcoming White House Iraq report, which supposedly will say there has been significant and measurable progress in Iraq...

Or, the non-partisan GAO report, who says the number of attacks against civilians in Iraq remains unchanged.

White House Preparing Strategy To ‘Water Down’ Pessimistic Reports From Iraq

The Washington Post reports that a draft version of the Government Accountability Office’s upcoming report on Iraq will deliver a “strikingly negative” assessment of the situation in Iraq. The report contradicts the administration’s claim that sectarian violence is decreasing, stating that “the number of attacks against Iraqi civilians remains unchanged.”. It also finds that "the capabilities of Iraqi security forces have not improved."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/29/AR2007082902434.html?hpid=topnews

Since the credibility of both the GAO and the White House is beyond reproach, I think it's an honest difference of opinion, in which case, I have to go with my gut, and my gut says "Bush knows his shit".

I agree. Outside of a few blunders beyond his control (e.g., Abu Ghraib) Bush has, on balance, been pretty straight up on Iraq.

Id say that its in MANY other countries interest including IRAN, RUSSIA, SYRIA, EGYPT, and others to proxy against the US in IRAQ.

That being said. I dont think we should spend another dime there.

I honestly don't know who I should believe. The upcoming White House Iraq report, which supposedly will say there has been significant and measurable progress in Iraq...

Or, the non-partisan GAO report, who says the number of attacks against civilians in Iraq remains unchanged.

I read an article and quoted it on here a few day ago that said Iraqi deaths were nearly 2X what they were this time last year.

Back