Who are your favorite Ukulele players, all-time?

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
My top three, hall-of-fame

1) Bob Hope
2) Don Ho
3) Tiny Tim

cQKqEt6.jpg

Did Bob Hope, Don Ho, or even Tiny Tim play the Ukulele or just strum it as a prop as they sang, or tried to sing for two out of that three

There certainly has to be some bluegrass fans out there who can provide the names of real ukulele players

Did Bob Hope, Don Ho, or even Tiny Tim play the Ukulele or just strum it as a prop as they sang, or tried to sing for two out of that three

There certainly has to be some bluegrass fans out there who can provide the names of real ukulele players

My picks are tongue in cheek

Personally, I never understood why the mighty ukulele was never promoted to a standard rock band instrument. I would love to see Keith Richards shredding on a ukulele!

That guy looks like he coulda carried a couple of ukuleles around in his butt crack.

DON'T knock the guy. He was an incredible singer, as well as a fantastic ukulele player. His version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", included in the video provided, is the absolute best version I've heard of the song. I own a CD of some of the man's, who went by the name Bruddah Iz, best recordings. It's a wonderful listen. It's laid back and beautiful. ESPECIALLY his version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Give it a listen, you'll probably like it.

Not the best Ukulele player, but Tommy Shaw is a great guitarist in his own right.

Back