APP - Who is Occupy Wall Street? After six weeks, a profile finally emerges.

funny how they are not protesting obama....

not if you read the entire article, it says that 97% are unhappy with congress and mainly the repubs in congress

the house has yet to pass a jobs bill, so i say to the repubs, where are the jobs

not if you read the entire article, it says that 97% are unhappy with congress and mainly the repubs in congress

the house has yet to pass a jobs bill, so i say to the repubs, where are the jobs

73 percent said they disapprove of how Mr. Obama is handling his job as president.

also, i don't recall you ever asking where are the jobs when the dems controlled from 06-10.....

73 percent said they disapprove of how Mr. Obama is handling his job as president.

also, i don't recall you ever asking where are the jobs when the dems controlled from 06-10.....

i keep asking and have yet to get an answer, how can the dems control congress when the reps consistently filibuster any thing the dems propose

Do the Dems not still control the White House and the US Senate, as well as almost half of the House? Why do you play into their rhetoric by allowing their lie to persist? Are you too stupid to understand that Democrats STILL CONTROL CONGRESS and Republicans simply CAN'T legislate as they see fit? Are you so ignorant you believe a slim Republican majority in the US House of Representatives is indicative of Republican CONTROL over Congress? If not, stop acting like a complete GOOB!

Do the Dems not still control the White House and the US Senate, as well as almost half of the House? Why do you play into their rhetoric by allowing their lie to persist? Are you too stupid to understand that Democrats STILL CONTROL CONGRESS and Republicans simply CAN'T legislate as they see fit? Are you so ignorant you believe a slim Republican majority in the US House of Representatives is indicative of Republican CONTROL over Congress? If not, stop acting like a complete GOOB!

incredible

the dems do not control the senate as a filibuster requires 60 senators to stop and the dems only have 52

the reps control the house with a significant majority not a 'slim' majority

and the reps in the house have not introduced one jobs bill

incredible

the dems do not control the senate as a filibuster requires 60 senators to stop and the dems only have 52

the reps control the house with a significant majority not a 'slim' majority

and the reps in the house have not introduced one jobs bill

LMAO... So unless you have a "bulletproof" Senate, where you can ramrod through things like Obamacare, you REALLY don't control the Senate? Democrats control a majority in the Senate. Incredible indeed. You control the Senate, the White House and nearly half the House, and if you discount our 'Gang of Whatever Happens to be PC at the Moment' bunch, we're about dead even. Yet you have the unmitigated audacity to try and blame off nearly 4 years of inept feckless leadership on the Republicans? Yes... In-fucking-credible! I agree!

And what the fuck do you mean by "Jobs Bill?" Are you under some twisted liberal delusion that a bill from Congress is somehow going to make there be jobs? Wye hell, that's all we need to do, pass a ******* bill and viola, we have JOBS out the ***! Why won't republicans just do that??? What happened to The Obama's Grand Plan? Remember, pass my bill, pass my bill, please god almighty, pass my bill? Oh yeah, the Democrat-controlled Senate resoundingly rejected it, with broad Democrat disapproval.

However, you somehow manage to convince dupes like Yurt, that Republicans have had full control of power since 2010! The problem here is NOT Republican leadership, it is LACK OF DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO... So unless you have a "bulletproof" Senate, where you can ramrod through things like Obamacare, you REALLY don't control the Senate? Democrats control a majority in the Senate. Incredible indeed. You control the Senate, the White House and nearly half the House, and if you discount our 'Gang of Whatever Happens to be PC at the Moment' bunch, we're about dead even. Yet you have the unmitigated audacity to try and blame off nearly 4 years of inept feckless leadership on the Republicans? Yes... In-fucking-credible! I agree!

And what the fuck do you mean by "Jobs Bill?" Are you under some twisted liberal delusion that a bill from Congress is somehow going to make there be jobs? Wye hell, that's all we need to do, pass a fucking bill and viola, we have JOBS out the ass! Why won't republicans just do that??? What happened to The Obama's Grand Plan? Remember, pass my bill, pass my bill, please god almighty, pass my bill? Oh yeah, the Democrat-controlled Senate resoundingly rejected it, with broad Democrat disapproval.

However, you somehow manage to convince dupes like Yurt, that Republicans have had full control of power since 2010! The problem here is NOT Republican leadership, it is LACK OF DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

i should have known better than to waste my time replying to one of your posts :( - you have not changed since the last time i responded to one of your posts

Corporations control congress today, actually money controls them. Anyone see this segment on the daily show? Funny how only comedy media presents a bit of the truth in politics today.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-october-31-2011/how-a-bill-doesn-t-become-a-law

"Not only does there seem to be widespread social fragmentation and disillusionment with democracy in the United States, but the possibility of reversing this sense of alienation appears to many of us to be already lost. Any democratic president who wants to institute the desperately needed reforms in health, welfare and the environment faces one of two options. He can stick by his reform program and suffer a loss of public confidence through orchestrated campaigns to publicly portray him as 'too liberal' and ineffectual (the Carter image) or too indecisive or sexually indiscreet (the Clinton image). Alternatively, a reforming democratic president can move further to the Right, forget his promises and become part of the propaganda campaign. Given the history of democratic propaganda in the United States, some of us doubt that another Roosevelt or New Deal is possible. The political system is now so attuned to business interests that this kind of reformer could no longer institute the substantial health, welfare, education, environmental and employment reforms the country needs." Andrew Lohrey, Introduction, Alex Carey "Taking the Risk Out of Democracy"

Corporations control congress today, actually money controls them. Anyone see this segment on the daily show? Funny how only comedy media presents a bit of the truth in politics today.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-october-31-2011/how-a-bill-doesn-t-become-a-law

"Not only does there seem to be widespread social fragmentation and disillusionment with democracy in the United States, but the possibility of reversing this sense of alienation appears to many of us to be already lost. Any democratic president who wants to institute the desperately needed reforms in health, welfare and the environment faces one of two options. He can stick by his reform program and suffer a loss of public confidence through orchestrated campaigns to publicly portray him as 'too liberal' and ineffectual (the Carter image) or too indecisive or sexually indiscreet (the Clinton image). Alternatively, a reforming democratic president can move further to the Right, forget his promises and become part of the propaganda campaign. Given the history of democratic propaganda in the United States, some of us doubt that another Roosevelt or New Deal is possible. The political system is now so attuned to business interests that this kind of reformer could no longer institute the substantial health, welfare, education, environmental and employment reforms the country needs." Andrew Lohrey, Introduction, Alex Carey "Taking the Risk Out of Democracy"

scotus has ruled and those with the money now rule the nation

but then perhaps this has always been true and our representative democracy just an illusion :(

“That means for every college student you have a mid-career professional in their 40s,” he adds.

is it logical to assume, if they are occupying Wall Street, that they are currently unemployed mid career professionals in their 40s?........

i keep asking and have yet to get an answer, how can the dems control congress when the reps consistently filibuster any thing the dems propose

meadowmuffins and nothing but pure whining. if you can't do anything with a super majority, then your party sucks. and if you can't get one person to cross the aisle, then your party sucks.

meadowmuffins and nothing but pure whining. if you can't do anything with a super majority, then your party sucks. and if you can't get one person to cross the aisle, then your party sucks.

how long have you held rigid beliefs

dems in the senate have to cope with two independents and two red dog dems and 48 reps

in order to get anything passed in the senate the dems have to convince the four quasi-dems and at least eight reps to break a filibuster

Back