Who will play Walz on SNL?

Hume

Verified User

The front-runner

The role of the Minnesota governor and newly chosen Democratic vice-presidential nominee seemed like Steve Martin’s to lose. Martin was a favorite of internet handicappers within minutes of Tuesday’s announcement that Harris had selected Walz as her running mate: Martin has similarly snowy hair, the eyeglasses, and — oh yes — a relationship with “S.N.L.” going back to its second season.

What Martin didn’t have, apparently, was the desire to play the part. He passed on an invitation from Lorne Michaels, telling The Los Angeles Times: “You need someone who can really nail the guy. I was picked because I have gray hair and glasses.” (Martin previously played Trump’s ally Roger Stone in 2019.)

The front-runner

The role of the Minnesota governor and newly chosen Democratic vice-presidential nominee seemed like Steve Martin’s to lose. Martin was a favorite of internet handicappers within minutes of Tuesday’s announcement that Harris had selected Walz as her running mate: Martin has similarly snowy hair, the eyeglasses, and — oh yes — a relationship with “S.N.L.” going back to its second season.

What Martin didn’t have, apparently, was the desire to play the part. He passed on an invitation from Lorne Michaels, telling The Los Angeles Times: “You need someone who can really nail the guy. I was picked because I have gray hair and glasses.” (Martin previously played Trump’s ally Roger Stone in 2019.)

My dogs ass

Back