Who's the Top College Player?

Timshel

Time for the Bucs to start thinking about next year and the possible number one pick.

I say, let's throw Freeman out there and see what he has got. The o-line is not that horrible (bad idea to start a rookie when your o-line sucks), though they have not been as good without Faine. Maybe, wait until he gets back.

I'd like to see them beef up the defense and maybe get back to what we were known for in the glory days.

WARNING curse words and non pc statements below

I have been a die hard Bucs fan since I can remember. I will remain that until I die. But it's time to trot out my old pre-pc moniker for them, Fucking Queers. Sorry, but it is hard to talk real trash in sports, without sounding like a homophobe or a sexist. And it's just too good, rhymes perfectly, to pass up. Plus we are named after French meat smokers to begin with. And the old logo, Buccaneer Bruce...

Hey hey hey we're the Fucking Queers...

Time for the Bucs to start thinking about next year and the possible number one pick.

I say, let's throw Freeman out there and see what he has got. The o-line is not that horrible (bad idea to start a rookie when your o-line sucks), though they have not been as good without Faine. Maybe, wait until he gets back.

I'd like to see them beef up the defense and maybe get back to what we were known for in the glory days.

WARNING curse words and non pc statements below

I have been a die hard Bucs fan since I can remember. I will remain that until I die. But it's time to trot out my old pre-pc moniker for them, Fucking Queers. Sorry, but it is hard to talk real trash in sports, without sounding like a homophobe or a sexist. And it's just too good, rhymes perfectly, to pass up. Plus we are named after French meat smokers to begin with. And the old logo, Buccaneer Bruce...

Hey hey hey we're the Fucking Queers...

I also like the Bucs since my Tampa days. I have to say I am a Dolphin and Jags fan also and was weaned on the Bears.How's that for pain?
Do you know what a Tebow draft would do for Buc season ticket sales? They could buy a team with all that bread. Tebow to Winslow has a pretty good sound for the future. Both are Fla. college products.
Take heart in the season USF is having. I think they're a sleeper, better than most realize.

I think Tebow is going to be a quality QB. But I would like to see what Freeman can do before we spend another pick on offense. We won a super bowl with a decent QB, not a great one. The QB position is overrated.

I have joked about hiring Lane as head coach, so we can get Monte back. But it's not just scheme but personnel. We need to focus on D through the draft.

I think Tebow is going to be a quality QB. But I would like to see what Freeman can do before we spend another pick on offense. We won a super bowl with a decent QB, not a great one. The QB position is overrated.

I have joked about hiring Lane as head coach, so we can get Monte back. But it's not just scheme but personnel. We need to focus on D through the draft.
. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas he's coming up!

What do you think of McCoy, Texas?

With the #1 choice and Tebow still out there, they could trade for an entire 'D'. UF doesn't have a reputation for producing pro QBs, Werfel and Grossman, pre-Tebow record breakers went nowhere. Tebow, however, is a more rounded player and an unusual leader on top of it, but only time will tell. Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if he chose to go into missionary work instead of turning pro. He will be a missionary someday no matter the course he chooses first.
The Bucs and Jags were painful to watch today, but at least the Bucs scored.

Last edited:
Rolando McClain

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships. And McClain is as good a linebacker as any in the game.

I don't know why (arm strength/accuracy) but pro scouts don't have Tebow as a high 1st round pick. Mclain or Bradford from OU.

By NFL standards Tebow is lacking in Arm Strength, accuracy, quickness and speed. At the NFL level he wouldn't run over people like he does in college. That is not to say that Tebow could not or won't develop into a quality NFL QB. NFL QB's ussually need a year or two of learning from the side lines before they are ready to play the NFL game and lots great QB prospects have had their carreers prematurely ended by being rushed into the starting QB job before they were ready.

BTW, no digs on Tebow or McCoy but we have a similiar situation to that back in 2003. Back then no one heard of Ben Roethlesberger cause he got screwed by his high school football coach who decided to play his son over Big Ben at Findaly, OH High School (He no longer coaches there for obvious reasons). End result we he wasn't highly recruited and took a scholarship at Miami of Ohio.

If Tony Pike was playing somewhere other than Cincinnati he'd be a Heisman candidate. If the Bearcats can pull off an undefeated regular season and Pike keeps putting up the numbers he has been, he stands a chance. If he played for a big name college and he was putting up these kind of numbers he'd be a front runner.

If Tebow wins the Hiesman this year, lock it up top college player of all time.
Jags say they would take him 1st round as QB, big mistake.

That's hyperbole, there's no such thing as "Top College Player of all time".

Besides, Tebos is not exactly having a great year. Would you consider Tyrelle Pryor a Heisman candidate? Hell no, who would? But he leads Tebow in most QB categories. He's thrown for more yardage than Tebow (Pryor 948 yds, Tebow, 777 yds), Hes ran for more yardage than Tebow (Pryor 333 yds, Tebow 309 yds). There even in scoring at 12 TD's combined throwing/rushing each. OK, he's played 1 game more then Tebow but even when corrected for that there still pretty close. Point being Pryor is rated about 56 in Division IA as a QB. There are at least 20 QB's in Div IA putting up better numbers than Tebow. At this stage, Tebow is a long shot to win another Heisman. Hell he's not even the best QB in the SEC. 6 SEC QB's are putting up better numbers than Tebow.

My bets for the Heisman are Rodgers, Ore St, Igrahm, Ala, Potts Tex. T and Ryan Williams, Va Tech.

If I was to vote for the Heisman now I'd vote for Rodgers.

Last edited:
Back