APP - Why an AR15 is a legitimate weapon for home defense

Teflon Don

I'm back baby
One of the more silly arguments proffered by the anti 2nd Amendment left is that "nobody needs an AR15". Set aside for the moment that it is none of their business to decide what people need or don't need. It is the essence of freedom that we get to decide for ourselves.

But here are some good reasons why it is a great weapon

1) Longer Range: The goal in any situation where your life may be at risk is to keep plenty of distance between you and the perpetrator. Hand guns are not very accurate for long medium to long distance. An AR15 gives you a better chance of putting a bullet in your attacker from a medium range
2) Accuracy: Hand guns are not very accurate, even in the hands of highly trained individuals. Even cops have a hit rate of about 15%. AR15s are very accurate.
3) Small, Light and Maneuverable: Compared to shotguns, AR15s are easier to carry. And while a shot gun can put a world of hurt on an attacker, it can also pack a wallop on your shoulder

So there are three great reasons for owning an AR15 and why I have four of them.

Nobody should come between a gun owner and his gun dealer

Given the plethora of handguns (revolvers and semi-automatics), rifles (bolt action, semi-automatic) and shotguns, I would say that if you can't defend your home with one or more of these and an AR-15 is considered your only salvation, I'd say you're just a lousy shot. Just saying.

Oh, and for the record, please provide ONE proposal by the Obama administration that would rescind the 2nd Amendment and the "right to bear arms". If you can't, then the meme you use is a LIE.

Given the plethora of handguns (revolvers and semi-automatics), rifles (bolt action, semi-automatic) and shotguns, I would say that if you can't defend your home with one or more of these and an AR-15 is considered your only salvation, I'd say you're just a lousy shot. Just saying.

Oh, and for the record, please provide ONE proposal by the Obama administration that would rescind the 2nd Amendment and the "right to bear arms". If you can't, then the meme you use is a LIE.

My post is spot on.

The AR15 is designed for versitility so if where you are calls for it, good to have.
Shotguns are b est for in the home as walls are not going to stop higher powered guns.

The AR15 is designed for versitility so if where you are calls for it, good to have.
Shotguns are b est for in the home as walls are not going to stop higher powered guns.

I agree. But for some the kick of a shotgun can be brutal. Especially women. People who think they can do it with a handgun have been watching too many Dirty Harry movies. I would advise them to look up the hit rate of policeman in stressful situations. It isn't that great.

I have four AR15s and going to buy two more for SAGs

I agree. But for some the kick of a shotgun can be brutal. Especially women. People who think they can do it with a handgun have been watching too many Dirty Harry movies. I would advise them to look up the hit rate of policeman in stressful situations. It isn't that great.

I have four AR15s and going to buy two more for SAGs

I like the pistol grip for this sort of shotgun. Helps minimize aim issues.
Cops do have a bad miss rate but that's a result of practice. Same reason most citizens gave trouble hitting what they aim at. It takes practice like any activity.

Depends on the wall and the firearm/bullets.

Yes...

Modern houses are made very cheaply & short of hitting a stud or something there is a good chance someone in another room or your neighbors could catch a round or two..

Back