why are ghosts scary?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Ghosts are not scary.

If ghosts existed in real life, then that means death is not final. Why the fuck would you be scared at that point? Oh no the ghost is going to kill me and send me to heaven? Why even worry about death at that point?

And usually ghosts don't even kill you. They throw books at you, they maybe do some jump scares, or like they are there when you turn around. That's all they do. They just like stare at you. After a while it would probably get pretty old. You'd be like "ghost.. fuck off already"

And again if you have a nefarious ghost, so what? If there is an afterlife then you can't actually really be killed, so big fucking deal.

Essentially, all horror movies are more or less meaningless, because a ghost can't really do shit except maybe jump scare you and make you drop your bowl of cereal all over the floor. "GOD DAMNIT GHOST YOU GOT CHEERIOS ALL OVER THE PLACE"

HOWEVER there are exceptions:

like if it's a hellraiser ghost that wants to rip you apart with hooks for all eternity, ok that's the real deal.

But overall horror movies need to raise the stakes. If a ghost were to drag you to eternal damnation, ok the stakes are higher. Or maybe a ghost could turn you into a ghost as well and doom to be in limbo forever, even after the heat death of the universe. And you'll just be a ghost with nothing to do forever.

But if a ghost is just gonna throw some books at me or appear in a mirror or something, I mean... seriously that ghost is just wasting everyones time.

No one should be scared of ghosts.

Ghosts are not scary.

If ghosts existed in real life, then that means death is not final. Why the fuck would you be scared at that point? Oh no the ghost is going to kill me and send me to heaven? Why even worry about death at that point?

And usually ghosts don't even kill you. They throw books at you, they maybe do some jump scares, or like they are there when you turn around. That's all they do. They just like stare at you. After a while it would probably get pretty old. You'd be like "ghost.. fuck off already"

And again if you have a nefarious ghost, so what? If there is an afterlife then you can't actually really be killed, so big fucking deal.

Essentially, all horror movies are more or less meaningless, because a ghost can't really do shit except maybe jump scare you and make you drop your bowl of cereal all over the floor. "GOD DAMNIT GHOST YOU GOT CHEERIOS ALL OVER THE PLACE"

HOWEVER there are exceptions:

like if it's a hellraiser ghost that wants to rip you apart with hooks for all eternity, ok that's the real deal.

But overall horror movies need to raise the stakes. If a ghost were to drag you to eternal damnation, ok the stakes are higher. Or maybe a ghost could turn you into a ghost as well and doom to be in limbo forever, even after the heat death of the universe. And you'll just be a ghost with nothing to do forever.

But if a ghost is just gonna throw some books at me or appear in a mirror or something, I mean... seriously that ghost is just wasting everyones time.

No one should be scared of ghosts.
I'm not afraid of ghosts.

You know what scares me? Dust mites.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL??

Ghostbusters.jpg

Back