why do some of you browse invisible?

Because they don't want to seem like losers who spend all their time in this stupid place.

I don't care though.

I am a loser who spends most of my time in this stupid place.

my main question is why. Who are they trying to hide from? Does someone honestly care if someone goes to the who's online area and sees they are browsing *gasp* current events?

ANd sometimes people are invisible but they post anyway, which obviously lets us know they are online. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

I have often wondered this myself. The best I have been able to figure is, those who are "invisible" have or believe they have a member or multiple members who enjoy trolling and provoking them. By being "invisible" they avoid one of these people deliberately making a post designed to provoke them.

my main question is why. Who are they trying to hide from? Does someone honestly care if someone goes to the who's online area and sees they are browsing *gasp* current events?

ANd sometimes people are invisible but they post anyway, which obviously lets us know they are online. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

I can only speak for myself, I do it because I don't want anyone knowing my business. I had just as soon no one know when I am online and when I'm not. I prefer as little personal information about me out there as possible, and that includes my online habits. There was a poster from way back (won't mention names) who got so angry at me, they found my real name, and searched the Internet all night one night, and found all kinds of personal information on me, various web pages I had built, my myspace page, etc... and posted it in the forum for everyone to see. This person was a known computer hacker, who could easily trace my IP and hack into my computer if he was aware of when I was online.

But mainly, I have the option to make that information available to others or not, and I chose NOT! :)

Why not be invisible?

I'm also hoping that by clicking the "appear invisible" box i will have an advantage should i ever be sucked into a weird parallel computer world, like in the shite 1980's film 'Tron'.

Why not be invisible?

I'm also hoping that by clicking the "appear invisible" box i will have an advantage should i ever be sucked into a weird parallel computer world, like in the shite 1980's film 'Tron'.

Oh that would be great! I almost hope we get sucked in now.

Back