Why do some people have the Russian Flag as their Avatar?

Someone, not mentioning who (Legion), brought this up.

:dunno:
Wondering about avatars indicates a person that doesn't have much going on in their life.

1) It's my heritage
2) The tricolor does not belong to Putin, anymore than the stars and stripes belonged to Trump
3) The most genuine and blistering opposition to this war I am reading comes not from JPP posters; it's coming from Russian citizens I am acquainted with.

Someone, not mentioning who (Legion), brought this up.

:dunno:

I've seen a lot of dumb fucks in my time. But someone dumb enough to be used as a shit-stirring tool for the mentally ill, housebound troll? That's next level man.

Wondering about avatars indicates a person that doesn't have much going on in their life.

1) It's my heritage
2) The tricolor does not belong to Putin, anymore than the stars and stripes belonged to Trump
3) The most genuine and blistering opposition to this war I am reading comes not from JPP posters; it's coming from Russian citizens I am acquainted with.

Are you referring to the same people who keep Putin in power?

It isn't Legion with that flag... lol. Useless.

Agreed. I know they are slamming Cypress. Note the whiny little cocksuckers go after an avatar, not the pro-Russian/anti-American posters like Earl, Legion, Moon, etc.

1) It's my heritage

Interesting. My grandfather (the one that adopted my half Native American father) was the first of that side of my family born in the US after migrating from Russia just 10 short years before the revolution. We were among the Germans that Catherine the Great brought over that lived near the Volga. While it isn't my genetic heritage, that was all hosed up and lost with the adoption (until DNA tests brought some light to that), it is part of the cultural heritage that made me. One of the reasons I learned to speak Russian.

Are you referring to the same people who keep Putin in power?

Putin is kept in power by the criminal oligarchy, the state security apparatus, and the bandits of the State Security Council.

Elections are rigged, and opposition candidates are thrown in prison.

Democratic activists I know are hauled before court and forced to pay fines.

Nobody I personally know in Russia is a genuine Putin supporter, and none that I know of support this war.

This morning, a large fraction of my FB Russian acquaintances are sporting Ukrainian flags on their profile pictures.

Interesting. My grandfather (the one that adopted my half Native American father) was the first of that side of my family born in the US after migrating from Russia just 10 short years before the revolution. We were among the Germans that Catherine the Great brought over that lived near the Volga. While it isn't my genetic heritage, that was all hosed up and lost with the adoption (until DNA tests brought some light to that), it is part of the cultural heritage that made me. One of the reasons I learned to speak Russian.

Interesting. The Russian empire was always multiethnic, so pinning down a pure "Russian" heritage genetically is a little dubious. My DNA supposedly shows significant Lithuanian genetic markers, subsidiary to the East Slavic markers.

1) It's my heritage

I've asked known soviet agents, Anatta/Dukkha, ... they've said the same thing (as they quickly cover up their radio transmissions to Mother Russia)

:evilnod:

(Comrade. This explains a lot)

1) It's my heritage 2) The tricolor does not belong to Putin, anymore than the stars and stripes belonged to Trump 3) The most genuine and blistering opposition to this war I am reading comes not from JPP posters; it's coming from Russian citizens I am acquainted with.

:coolstorybro:

Back