Why guys join fraternities

You pretty much answered your own question with your link. Does the membership of those sororities in any way appear to be representative of the student body?

I was in a frat. It had its positives and negatives. I joined as a way to meet people and have a built in social network in a school where I knew nobody. I was involved with the fraternity but also did a lot outside the fraternity. Some people had a problem with me going to outside parties or dating an independent girl. I didn't give a shit and so it worked out well for me.

They almost kicked me out once for attending the rally to support the AGLA, Auburn Gay and Lesbian Association.

I was in a frat. It had its positives and negatives. I joined as a way to meet people and have a built in social network in a school where I knew nobody. I was involved with the fraternity but also did a lot outside the fraternity. Some people had a problem with me going to outside parties or dating an independent girl. I didn't give a shit and so it worked out well for me.

They almost kicked me out once for attending the rally to support the AGLA, Auburn Gay and Lesbian Association.

Nice, I thought I was the only one on the board to belong to one.

There were people in my house whose entire focus was the fraternity. That was it. There were also people who once they became an active I barely saw again. It was whatever people wanted to make of it.

Nice, I thought I was the only one on the board to belong to one.

There were people in my house whose entire focus was the fraternity. That was it. There were also people who once they became an active I barely saw again. It was whatever people wanted to make of it.

Did the active ones get pissed at the non-active ones?

Did the active ones get pissed at the non-active ones?

I didn't see it. People would make jokes and rib someone who didn't come around much but it was all in good fun. I didn't see anyone actually get upset. Of course this was my fraternity. It could be different at other frats.

Why do fraternities exist? Why would anyone want to join one ever? Social networking should be banned.

Did you not open the link in the OP? It's easy for an intellectual communist giant such as yourself to score with the ladies, others of us need (lots of) help.

I honestly couldn't tell you the name of a Greek letter, for instance, I don't know what Epsilon is. I only know the Phoenemic value, what you actually use when pronouncing the letter.

there was no Greek where I did my undergrad....in fact there was one apartment with ten guys living in it that called itself the "frat house" and they were invited by the administration to squelch the name or find another school.....

Not at all because these girls are hot.
Well that's the point Wacko. It is the snobbish exclusivity that many people find offensive about Fraternities. Not to mention the boorish behavior many of them have well earned reputations for.

But then I was a serious student when I was in college and didn't have time for Fraternity games or to play social hour. I wanted to get into grad school and had to focus on taking the right classes and getting the right grades. I didn't have time to play kiddy games.

Back