APP - 'Why Is America the Most Violent Country in the Western World?'

midcan5

'On the Normalization of Gun Culture in the United States'

"Put a gun in the hands of a maniac, and anything can happen."

https://lithub.com/paul-auster-why-is-america-the-most-violent-country-in-the-western-world/

"Fourteen-year-old boys are not part of a well-regulated militia. Members of wacky religious cults are not part of a well-regulated militia. Permitting unregulated citizens to have guns is destroying the security of this free state." Molly Ivins

https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics

"The shooter is almost always male. Of the past 129 mass shootings in the United States, all but three have been men. The shooter is socially alienated, and he can’t get laid. Every time you scratch the surface of the latest mass killing, in a movie theatre, a school, the streets of Paris or an abortion clinic, you find the weaponised loser. From Jihadi John of ISIS to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris at Columbine, these men are invariably stuck in the emotional life of an adolescent. They always struggle with self-esteem – especially regarding women – and sometimes they give up entirely on the possibility of amorous fulfilment. There are different levels of tactical coordination, different ostensible grievances and different access to firearms, but the psyche beneath is invariably the same."

https://aeon.co/essays/humiliation-and-rage-how-toxic-masculinity-fuels-mass-shootings

This question needs some clarification to be addressed properly.

First of all, what do you consider the western world and secondly, what type of violence are you referring to specifically?

This question needs some clarification to be addressed properly.

First of all, what do you consider the western world and secondly, what type of violence are you referring to specifically?
The Western World is Europe, Australia, and the Americas.

Then you are not able to make your claim as well if you are waiting on a definition.

Correct, I stated that in my first post.

However, the main reason for immigration to the US is to escape violence.

You do not see Americans running to El Salvador to escape violence.

Correct, I stated that in my first post.

However, the main reason for immigration to the US is to escape violence.

You do not see Americans running to El Salvador to escape violence.

No, but you do see them moving to Canada and Europe to escape it in the USA. It is not only violence, but economic hardship.

No, but you do see them moving to Canada and Europe to escape it in the USA. It is not only violence, but economic hardship.

Of course there are many factors but there is no denying that violence is a major issue in South America perpetrated by corrupt officials and the drug trade.

While we have a gun issue I do not believe it is worse than the violence in many parts of South America

It's mostly economic hardship. The violence part Tinker is referencing is an essential part of claiming asylum though. Which is where RW media gets its "facts" about violent criminals from the south. How they're "being shipped" up here, and how the RWers try to explain away this allegedly peaceful nation's horrible gun homicide rate which is worst than comparable countries on this planet.

It's mostly economic hardship. The violence part Tinker is referencing is an essential part of claiming asylum though. Which is where RW media gets its "facts" about violent criminals from the south. How they're "being shipped" up here, and how the RWers try to explain away this allegedly peaceful nation's horrible gun homicide rate which is worst than comparable countries on this planet.

Plenty of Americans face economic hardship and they aren’t running to South America.

Back