Why is it always Pit Bulls ?

uscitizen

Villified User
SoCal Woman Mauled to Death by Pit Bulls

BARSTOW, Calif. (AP) -- A pack of pit bulls surrounded a woman and mauled her to death, authorities said Wednesday.

Police found Kelly Caldwell, 45, lying in the street around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and took her to a hospital, where she later died, the San Bernardino County sheriff's department said.

After the mauling, the dogs ran to a nearby house. Deputies shot one dog to death when it returned to the scene and acted aggressively as paramedics were trying to save Caldwell's life, authorities said.

A second dog was shot to death Wednesday morning when it, too, returned. Deputies said it became aggressive as an animal control officer tried to capture it.

Authorities said at least one dog belonged to a neighbor.

Investigators collected DNA samples from the dogs. An autopsy will be performed on Caldwell and necropsies on the dogs to determine which one attacked Caldwell, sheriff's Sgt. Richard Ells said.

Detectives also are looking into whether the dogs' owners knew whether the animals had any history of violence. If the dogs were dangerous and the owners knew it, they could face criminal charges

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MAULING_DEATH?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Naw he is busy fussing with his dog park thing. His city council is probably wanting to ban Pits in the park.

Because it is the people who have pits and raise them to be "fighters" and to be "tuff" and then lose interest and dont take care of them. Then they are allowed to run arround and pack up like this because the people dont act responsibly with their animals.

Its the type of person more than the type of dog. These fools PICK pitbulls as they type of dog they want. If they picked dobermans, rotwielers, german shepards or what ever that would be the dogs you would see doing this.

Because it is the people who have pits and raise them to be "fighters" and to be "tuff" and then lose interest and dont take care of them. Then they are allowed to run arround and pack up like this because the people dont act responsibly with their animals.

Its the type of person more than the type of dog. These fools PICK pitbulls as they type of dog they want. If they picked dobermans, rotwielers, german shepards or what ever that would be the dogs you would see doing this.

They should pick the little yapper dogs then. a pack of those would just bite your ankles.

but I guess that would not make the weak minded feel any tougher.

If only they would pick little yappers. They better fit the people who would treat animals like this.

These types also refuse to fix their animals so you end up with lots of pits and pit mixes that people are affraid of because of the reputations and then they become hard to place in good homes.

A few decades back it was Rottwilers with this reputation. Rotty are great dogs and most people dont think of them this way anymore.

Exactly. My cousin and her husband had pit bull puppies and I never heard about them getting into fights etc. For some reason people just want it to always be pit bulls. *Shrug* My cousin and her husband now have a little girl and I haven't heard of them getting rid of their dogs.

Yeah, I remember my reaction whenever I found out the dog we picked up was a pit bull.

"Whoops".

They don't really make good guard dogs, actually.

I think it's boarderline retarded to think only pits raised to fight attack people. The breed is vicious that's why they are banned in many places. I think any pit not trained to be gentle could have done this. The should be banned nationally, we don't allow pet tigers do we???

Back