why New York reeks.... its New Jersey

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/09/nyc.odor.ap/index.html

LOL i coulda told you that!!! New Jersey always smells horrible... esp in the meadowlands it reeks bad

NEW YORK (AP) -- The gas-like odor that hung over Manhattan's streets was gone Tuesday, but city officials were still trying to pinpoint its source -- and eyeing New Jersey.

Charles Sturcken, a spokesman for the city Department of Environmental Protection, said Tuesday that his agency was pretty sure the source of the smell was along New Jersey's industrialized waterfront, just across the Hudson River from New York.

"The way we tracked the dispersion of the smell and the prevailing winds indicates that it came from New Jersey, somewhere near Secaucus," Sturcken said.

Nobody, except people in NYC, even cares whether or not it stinks in NYC...

Let's see. News yesterday: "There is a stench in NYC, not caused by Terrorism and not dangerous to anybody! Ohhhhh noeees!!!111!!1!1!!"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/09/nyc.odor.ap/index.html

LOL i coulda told you that!!! New Jersey always smells horrible... esp in the meadowlands it reeks bad

NEW YORK (AP) -- The gas-like odor that hung over Manhattan's streets was gone Tuesday, but city officials were still trying to pinpoint its source -- and eyeing New Jersey.

Charles Sturcken, a spokesman for the city Department of Environmental Protection, said Tuesday that his agency was pretty sure the source of the smell was along New Jersey's industrialized waterfront, just across the Hudson River from New York.

"The way we tracked the dispersion of the smell and the prevailing winds indicates that it came from New Jersey, somewhere near Secaucus," Sturcken said.

New Jersey IS pretty smelly :eek:

I think the old rule, "First one who smelt it, dealt it" should apply.

Where was the odor smelled, FIRST?

Definitely NYC.
I thought I read yesterday that it was eminating from Downtown Manhattan anyway.

So much for being the "Garden State"

Whatever! We'll see, they still don't where it came from and Jersey's the easy scapegoat for smells. One area in Central Jersey really smells but that's because in PA right across the river there is a landfill. I won't be suprised if something similar happened here, but we'll see.

Back