APP - will congress let the us go over the fiscal 'cliff'

will congress let the us go over the fiscal 'cliff'

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope so...the repugs aren't going to get real or work at anything real so yes! yes! I think we will....it's better than having them take us hostage again.

while I hate to see grover in so much pain at least we can be comforted by the fact that his carreers demise is wonderful for our country

it is looking more and more likely
They are fools if they do. For many Republicans it's a Catch-22. If they vote to compromise they'll have to face primary challenges in a compromised position. Not a prospect they relish. For many they will chose to go down with the political ship. It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation for them. For the leaders of the Republican caucus it's a matter of how best can they salvage what for them is a bad political position. If we do go over the political cliff it won't be so much that Republicans refuse to compromise with the administration so much as that they will not be able to build a consensus on compromise within their own caucus. If that comes to pass, and it may well come to that, then over the cliff we go. In which case Republicans will, politically speaking, be in an even worse position.

Back