Will Maher get sued next?

Legion

Oderint dum metuant

The attorney representing Covington Catholic high school student Nick Sandmann said Thursday that he is also "looking very carefully" at HBO's Bill Maher for making "defamatory" statements against the 16-year-old in January.

The comments come after Sandmann filed a lawsuit against The Washington Post over its coverage of the student's viral encounter with a Native American elder in Washington, D.C.

Attorney Lin Wood told Fox News that in addition to the Post, his legal team is also looking at other outlets, including CNN and HBO.

"Well, certainly CNN and Bill Maher did things that we consider to have crossed the line. We think the statements they made are defamatory. They're not humorous," Wood said. "So certainly Bill Maher is somebody that we're looking at very carefully, and HBO, for allowing him to make those defamatory statements."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/430946-covington-catholic-lawyer-looking-very-carefully-at-bill-maher-over-defamatory

One A, baby!

I wasn't aware that the First Amendment nullifies civil defamation, libel and slander. :D

lawyer-cat-thinks-your-theory-of-the-case-is-absurd-6246493.png

Yes, song. That you posted in your first post.

You think Lin Wood is "looking very carefull" at HBO's Bill Maher for making defamatory statements against his client" over a YouTube cover version of a song written in 1954...that I posted as a play on words?

giphy.gif

Lol, just messing with leggiecrite. :D

I can see you're having fun! Doing an experiment. This isn't a topic that our toxic little friend would have the slightest interest in. Let's see if this gets re-posted tomorrow anyways. She reads ALL of my posts from the evening before when she rushes to JPP at 5 a.m., claws dragging across the pet-stained carpet. lol

Carry on.

I can see you're having fun! Doing an experiment. This isn't a topic that our toxic little friend would have the slightest interest in. Let's see if this gets re-posted tomorrow anyways. She reads ALL of my posts from the evening before when she rushes to JPP at 5 a.m., claws dragging across the pet-stained carpet. lol

Carry on.

;)

Carry on.

What a vile person you are, truly odious.

Back