Windows Vista

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
Ornot!!!

Does anyone have any experience with windows Vista? I'm interested in finding out if it has software similar to Apple's "Garage Band" recording studio.

I'm torn between a ibook and an HP. All I really care about is the recording software, any advice?

No experience here, I am looking for a notebook and wondering if I can still get XP on it since I don't want Vista.

Does anyone have any experience with windows Vista? I'm interested in finding out if it has software similar to Apple's "Garage Band" recording studio.

I'm torn between a ibook and an HP. All I really care about is the recording software, any advice?

Ornot will know. Ask him when he comes online. He knows about everything having to do with computers and software and different programs.

I will be upgrading my desktop computer in May, including an upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate. I'll be sticking to XP on my other computers, though.

I will never, ever, purchase a windows product until SR2. It is foolish to do so. And I am Microsoft Certified.

I don't have to purchase a copy, Brent. I get versions before they release it. I won't purchase and run this stuff on any of my personal equipment before SR2. It is simply foolish to do so. I recommend you wait until SR2 comes out before spending your money or simply leave your computer open to all the mess that comes along with the Gold release of any Microsoft product.

I don't have to purchase a copy, Brent. I get versions before they release it. I won't purchase and run this stuff on any of my personal equipment before SR2. It is simply foolish to do so. I recommend you wait until SR2 comes out before spending your money or simply leave your computer open to all the mess that comes along with the Gold release of any Microsoft product.

I am getting a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (Full Version), an Athlon 64x2 4400 chip, and a new motherboard for only $350. If you were me, would you pass that up?

I am getting a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (Full Version), an Athlon 64x2 4400 chip, and a new motherboard for only $350. If you were me, would you pass that up?
I would probably buy it if I were you, but I would not load it until SR2 came out, then I'd load and update it immediately.

Yep, don't need Vista or the hardware upgrade. My PC's do all they need to do quite adequately the way they are equipped.

The primary reason for paying Microsoft for an OS is ease of use. Until it has been roughed in, Vista is not worth bothering with.
That and the security mess you have to deal with on their first releases make it very cost ineffective if used in a business sense. It makes it very dangerous if used in a personal sense as a main computer.

I will say again, load it, it is a good system, you'll like it, but WAIT until SR2 has come out if you don't want security problems.

Okay then. I'll go with the Mac.
The OSX works fantastic and has a Unix base so a real mouse can be used. The problem with the MAC is the expense of getting compatible software. Word for the MAC is more expensive than it is for Microsoft OS...

However, OSX and XP work great together, Vista even better. It is getting very close to basically being seamless with either product.

I like MAC, and it will serve you well if you are getting one in the near future.

Hell, I'm getting a new computer. I'm not going to buy XP for 100, and THEN pay 200 dollars for Vista, just so I can avoid using what amounts to the beta version.

Back