Windy City

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
We had 32 inches of snow, not anymore.

It has warmed up to 39 degrees and the wind is blowing. I wonder what the guts of wind measure, it sounds like about 50 mph.

The wicked wind has turned the beautiful snow covered to ice, my street is like a skating rink.

The last time it was this bad, I came home and started to turn into my driveway, but instead my car, a Grand Prix, started to slide down the street sideways. I had no control. Thankfully only one car was parked on the street and the car slid by it precariously, narrowly missing the front end.

My car arrived safely at the bottom of the hill, but when I tried to get out to walk home, because I knew it was useless to try drive the car back up the hill, I slipped and fell. I tried to get up, but it was like a 1930's slapstick comedy. I fell down every time I tried to stand, it was that slick.

I ended up crawling up the hill on my hands and knees, until I made it to the third house down from mine. There lawn had melted down to the grass. I was able to stand then and hop up the remaining way, one open patch at a time.

The neighbor man came out on his deck to watch me. Asked if I was okay. There was nothing he could for me, but I gave him something he still chuckles over to this day, the sight of me crawling, slipping and sliding up that very icy hill.

I am not going out today, coffee, Carolins, chili and football, don't need to go out into the weather!

We had 32 inches of snow, not anymore.

It has warmed up to 39 degrees and the wind is blowing. I wonder what the guts of wind measure, it sounds like about 50 mph.

The wicked wind has turned the beautiful snow covered to ice, my street is like a skating rink.

The last time it was this bad, I came home and started to turn into my driveway, but instead my car, a Grand Prix, started to slide down the street sideways. I had no control. Thankfully only one car was parked on the street and the car slid by it precariously, narrowly missing the front end.

My car arrived safely at the bottom of the hill, but when I tried to get out to walk home, because I knew it was useless to try drive the car back up the hill, I slipped and fell. I tried to get up, but it was like a 1930's slapstick comedy. I fell down every time I tried to stand, it was that slick.

I ended up crawling up the hill on my hands and knees, until I made it to the third house down from mine. There lawn had melted down to the grass. I was able to stand then and hop up the remaining way, one open patch at a time.

The neighbor man came out on his deck to watch me. Asked if I was okay. There was nothing he could for me, but I gave him something he still chuckles over to this day, the sight of me crawling, slipping and sliding up that very icy hill.

I am not going out today, coffee, Carolins, chili and football, don't need to go out into the weather!

I thought you all had snow chains and studded tyres?

I thought you all had snow chains and studded tyres?

Not on the Grand Prix, we just had all weather tires. It was my fun car. The roads had been clear. It was the only reason I took the car. It was a freak storm, unbelievable wind and rain. I rode the worst of it out at my daughters house, then drove home. Bud was working. It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard I could barely crawl. The neighbor probably thought I was on something.

Back