Wish me luck!

Thorn

Tonight Rory, my Aussie, will undergo the exam for his Canine Good Citizen title for the second time. We failed last time because "Mr. Friendly" approached the evaluator during two separate tests. He's learned since puppyhood to sit for petting by a stranger, but in "real life" his enthusiasm seems to get the better of him. Only time will take care of this one. At least he's entirely good-natured!

We'll try, at least, to get through the tests without serious flaws. I'm taking him at least 1/2 hour early to help him settle down before testing.

Good luck!

I can think of a few of us here, who could use Good Citizenship and Good Manners training. :)

Good luck!

I can think of a few of us here, who could use Good Citizenship and Good Manners training. :)

LOl, boy you can really sneak shit in that even I don't think of. And I'm pretty good at sneaking in a little snark.

Oh, good luck Thorn!

For a minute there I thought he was a person...I was about to rant about giving up his Australian citizenship, remind him of our gallant lads who fell at Anzac Cove and on the Somme and at the charge at Beersheba...about the sinking of the HMAS Sydney with all hands by the Kormorant...about weekends at the beach....how he could never come home again and look any of us in the eye simply because he got naturalised elsewhere....

But I don't :clink:

My wild child passed! :D

He's now Rory, aka Rainyday's Glorious Habit, CGC! He nearly blew it on one little point but hung in there. I'm really proud of him because it was hard for him to muster up that much self control. :p

Now we'll see if he can stay in the ring during an Agility run. That's been a problem. :o

Congratulations! You should post some pics!

I took a couple last night after we returned home. I'd taken his club bandanna with us just for luck and put it on him after the test to let his "Dad" know he'd passed. :) (My husband hates for me to call him dad to the dogs!) I'll download them and pick one to post tomorrow.

I took a couple last night after we returned home. I'd taken his club bandanna with us just for luck and put it on him after the test to let his "Dad" know he'd passed. :) (My husband hates for me to call him dad to the dogs!) I'll download them and pick one to post tomorrow.

kewl!:)

I love dogs! They are so adorable.

Good Job Thorn. My hubby doesnt seem to mind being called my dogs daddy at all. He even calls himself daddy when he talks to her.

Glad to here your baby passed muster. Good luck on the trials.

Congrats Thorn. Too bad we don't have the same thing for children....

LOL! So true! :p

Well, Tiana asked, so here he is, our new "grad", my Canine Good Citizen himself.

RorytheCGCgrad.jpg

Back