Woman arrested for April Fools' school shooting prank

StormX

Banned
[h=2]Angela Timmons told her daughter that she was hiding from a gunman at Virginia College in South Carolina. When cops arrived on the scene she admitted that it was just a joke — but authorities think it's no laughing matter.[/h]
Cops were not amused by her school shooting ruse.

article-0-1CC0E83900000578-69_310x397.jpg

Angela Timmons, 54, an employee at Virginia College in South Carolina, was arrested after allegedly texting to her daughter April Timmons, 34, that a shooter was on the loose — as an April Fools' Day prank. April, who was in New York, called 911 and police rushed to the scene prepared for the worst.

"I'm thinking Columbine High School, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech," Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright told local station WSMV.

But police soon found that nothing was wrong at Virginia College. And Timmons soon admitted to her daughter that it was just a hoax.

WSMV Timmons attends a bond hearing after her false alarm landed her in hot water.

"Oh my goodness," April told the 911 dispatcher. "She's saying she's playing an April Fools' joke. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, sir."

Timmons said that she and her daughters typically try to trick each other on April Fools' Day, but now sees that this one was inappropriate, especially considering recent mass shootings.

Investigators found no evidence that Timmons had "done such jokes on April Fools' in the past," according to an incident report obtained by The Smoking Gun.

Wright was grateful that there was not actually a shooter on campus, but was highly disappointed in Timmons' sense of humor.

"Text someone and tell them their tire's flat, that's funny," he told the NBC affiliate. "We're talking about death. It's real. The people of Sandy Hook, when they see this online, they're not going to think it's very funny. I don't think it's very funny."

Timmons was charged with one count of aggravated breach of peace, one count of disturbing a school and two counts of unlawful use of a telephone.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...hooting-prank-article-1.1742784#ixzz2xqKCHa79

:rofl2:

Not the brightest Obamabot.

and yet the sheeple apathetically accept SWAT teams raiding schools firing blanks and terrifying kids as they practice active shooter scenarios with no warning.

That's funny that the daughter called local 911. I would hope in a real emergency that the situation would already have a response brewing in the actual area of the incident. If I got a text, I would quickly turn on the news and confirm that someone is smart enough to be handling it already.

Either way, it's a twisted prank with a lot of room for error.

Did you not see her photo??? Are you telling me she is one of those rare blacks that voted for Romney. I heard about them, but I thought it was just a myth.

^Idiot

So if a person is of "color" they've obviously voted in the presidential election GOT IT!

Did you not see her photo??? Are you telling me she is one of those rare blacks that voted for Romney. I heard about them, but I thought it was just a myth.

What makes you think she voted at all, besides the voices in your head?

SC went for Rmoney 54%-44%.

It explains why the south is such a pathetic excuse for a region, as with all things. The Democratic Party, meanwhile, still racking up bad karma for its members, with or without SC...

It explains why the south is such a pathetic excuse for a region, as with all things. The Democratic Party, meanwhile, still racking up bad karma for its members, with or without SC...

You're entitled to your opinion but I believe it's the GOP that's in total disarray today. They're letting the fringies yank them too far to the right and they're alienating the moderates.

Back