Words I don't want to hear on this board anymore because they make you sound retarded

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Hitlery
Clowntoon
Chimpeachment
Libtards
Sheeple
Pinhead
"Yes we can" and "Change" used in the obvious context of retard Obama
Repugs/Repukes/Democraps

Feel free to add.

I added an "s" to "word" as it first sounded like you were trying to sound like an 80s 'cool' guy. I started picturing mullets and skinny ties....

Words I don't want to hear on this board anymore because they make you sound retarded

I only voted for Bush because he was better than Gore and Kerry!

So you are saying you fear hearing from people with differing opinions than yours?

Words I don't want to hear...........

In this forum anymore are cypress diatribes...the guy is a dyed in the wool commie sympathizer...makes a patriot wanna barf!;)

Originally Posted by Cypress

So you are saying you fear hearing from people with differing opinions than yours?

Should we start calling you Strawman Damocles?

Strawman - Definition and Examples

Common Fallacies of Logic and Rhetoric:

*Straw Man

Formulating an argument (B) that differs from the argument (A) presented by one's opponent in order to argue against B instead of A.

Example

-Jones: Abortion is a matter of a woman's privacy rights.

-Smith: So, you're saying that women should be allowed to commit murder?

(No, Jones is saying no such thing.)

Should we start calling you Strawman Damocles?
It is a question not an argument, one cannot have a strawman without an assertion. This is plain misunderstanding what a strawman, or even what an argument is.

People who disagree with you believe that your opinion makes you sound "retarded" while you clearly suggest here that theirs makes them sound so. And your suggestion that you no longer want to hear their opinion made me wonder and ask you a question.

There is no strawman assertion or argument I have made against a strawman. At least apply it correctly.

It is a question not an argument, one cannot have a strawman without an assertion. This is plain misunderstanding what a strawman, or even what an argument is.

People who disagree with you believe that your opinion makes you sound "retarded" while you clearly suggest here that theirs makes them sound so. And your suggestion that you no longer want to hear their opinion made me wonder and ask you a question.

There is no strawman assertion or argument I have made against a strawman. At least apply it correctly.

Calm down Damo. I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously. Do you really think I've ever been "afraid" to hear the opinions of Bush supporters and apologists? lol

Calm down Damo. I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously. Do you really think I've ever been "afraid" to hear the opinions of Bush supporters and apologists? lol
Okay, and I am the one taking it too seriously? I asked a question that I thought was in the vein of the thread. You started in on the ad Hominem and misapplication of fallacies. Suggesting that continuing the conversation in the same vein that you started is somehow taking it to some extreme is just sad.

I'll pretend you know the difference between a question and an argument if it makes you feel better though. I hear we are supposed to be politically correct now....

You would think that if anyone understood a strawman, it would be the king of their creation.

Back