Wrote some music loops for the game I'm writing

intro sounds rhythmically off at some points. bit too try hardy i think. I think it has promise but it's a bit rough around the edges.

town theme I like, though the weird shit happening at around 31 seconds with the weird backwards reversal whatever is going on, is once again, kinda tripping me up. as if the matrix just glitched or something. I would prob eliminate that part, otherwise I think it's pretty good.

Heroine is a bit repetitive but the cleanest/safest, not offensive. Pleasant. very final fantasy-ish. makes me want to go on a sidequest for an enchanted mango or something.

I only listened to about the first 40 seconds of each

I'll respond with more robust criticism later, or perhaps never. we'll see.

intro sounds rhythmically off at some points. bit too try hardy i think. I think it has promise but it's a bit rough around the edges.

town theme I like, though the weird shit happening at around 31 seconds with the weird backwards reversal whatever is going on, is once again, kinda tripping me up. as if the matrix just glitched or something. I would prob eliminate that part, otherwise I think it's pretty good.

Heroine is a bit repetitive but the cleanest/safest, not offensive. Pleasant. very final fantasy-ish. makes me want to go on a sidequest for an enchanted mango or something.

I only listened to about the first 40 seconds of each

I'll respond with more robust criticism later, or perhaps never. we'll see.

The synth track was unfortunately recorded with the percussion on the same track, so I can't fix the synth without screwing up the percussion unfortunately. Basically Intro and Town theme came from a jam session yesterday, I clipped out a couple of usable bars. There were issues with the Intro take but I was hoping they wouldn't be too great, I guess I was wrong. I guess I try and recreate it, I'm not sure if I entirely remember what I did though.

Heroine came from a recording earlier, and I added basslines to Intro and Heroine after the fact. Heroine is too repetitive (at least it has a melody too strong for a song that repetitive). Not sure what to do to fix it though. Currently the only thing I do is add and subtract the bassline. Maybe I can try throwing in a variation on the same melodic line.

As for town theme, yeah that's the result of me getting a little too masturbatory with the editing. Try this mix which is less masturbatory:

https://soundcloud.com/user-151825406/town-theme-less

Back