Yawner: Ricky Martin "i'm a homosexual"

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/132331/ricky-martin-i-am-a-fortunate-homosexual-man/

Ricky Martin: 'I Am a Fortunate Homosexual Man'
Posted 33 minutes ago by Access Hollywood in Stop The Presses!
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- After years of keeping quiet about his personal life, pop star Ricky Martin has announced that he is gay.
"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Ricky said in a message posted on his offical Web site. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

really, we had no idea ricky! i guess your career is slumping so you had to come out of the closet, too bad no one will care or be surprised

This reminds me of a friend of ours in HS who came out at a party expecting shock from us, instead he got a bunch of people who said, "No duh!"...

I think he was a bit disappointed in the reaction he got, I guess he thought he hid it well, but in reality it was so fricking obvious that it hurt not to laugh when he decided to "shock" us all with his announcement.

This reminds me of a friend of ours in HS who came out at a party expecting shock from us, instead he got a bunch of people who said, "No duh!"...

I think he was a bit disappointed in the reaction he got, I guess he thought he hid it well, but in reality it was so fricking obvious that it hurt not to laugh when he decided to "shock" us all with his announcement.

you went to school with ricky martin? :)

LOL My brother did that too. He came out of the closet about 20 years after everyone had figured it out. He was kinda hurt because everyones reaction was pretty much "So what, tell us something we don't all ready know." but it was a big deal to him and it took him a great deal of personal courage....which could explain why it took him about 20 years....to actually face everyone and say "OK, I'm Gay, this is who I am". I don't think the average straight person can really identify with how tough that's got to be for a gay person.

THIS JUST IN! RAIN IS MADE OF WATER! MORE AT 11!

Durh......So is Rob Halford and he STILL kicks ass.

I wish I was old enough to have lived in that era. They still tour, and I've heard they still kick ass, but I know it's not the same.
Yea their signature thing was riding a Harley out on stage during the encore and gunning the pipes. Judas Priest was/is a great metal band.

It was a good era for Rock....well once we killed Disco. With all these hip-hop and rap bands these days, as soon as they run out of 70's rock to sample, what's going to happen to them?

Other then that, the 70's sucked. Vietnam, Watergate, Nixon, Ford, Stagflation, Disco, High Unemployment, dying factories, Carter.......

Last edited:
Man, I remember back in 1998 when Livin La Vida Loca was out we had the two finest women in our office head over heals in love with Ricky Martin and they were above cloud 9 when they got his concert tickets.

People already knew he was gay then but that Barbara Walters interview in 2000 where she kept pressing him if he was gay pretty much let anyone who doubted it know he was gay then.

Back