You thought Lamont was bad.. LOL Republicans Stabbin Chaffee R-RI in da back

robdastud

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Republicans go to the polls Tuesday to choose their nominee in a primary that could affect which party controls the U.S. Senate and sets its legislative agenda.

Republicans now have a slim majority, and party leaders believe Sen. Lincoln Chafee can help them keep it. But he faces a strong challenge from Cranston Mayor Stephen Laffey, <b>who is leading in some polls.</b>

"A Laffey victory would be good news for the Democratic party," said John White, a politics professor at the Catholic University of America in Washington.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14787619/

ahahahahaha... callin em as i sees em.

In a state like RI if the Republicans vote for Laffey they may as well vote for the Democrat because that is what they are doing.

Funny how they were all over the defeat of Lieberman but wont touch this one!

My mind works very simply. If Lieberman can win as an independent then let him have at it. If this Laffey guy can beat Chafee in the primary, then so be it. And if Chafee thinks he can win as an independent (and the laws in their state allow it, like Lieberman's) then let him go for it. It is not a big deal.

its sore loserman... leaning.. what does that say to your children... well if you lose, find a way to cheat the system.

My mind works very simply. If Lieberman can win as an independent then let him have at it. If this Laffey guy can beat Chafee in the primary, then so be it. And if Chafee thinks he can win as an independent (and the laws in their state allow it, like Lieberman's) then let him go for it. It is not a big deal.

I agree, I was just pointing out the hypocracy of the Right who lambasted the Democrats when the same thing occured in the Democratic party!

There is no real comparision of the two. Lieberman was all liberal except on one topic, Chaffee is not in line with all that many Republican stances. Not even close! And Chaffee is small fry in the party, unlike Lieberman who was in fact the last VP Canidate of the democrats. Poor example!

Lieberman is not all liberal except on one topic. I hate when people say that. I hated Lieberman for a long time mostly because of his socially conservative stances.

But lieberman was in line with the democratic party, Chaffee was not in line with the republican party.

Lieberman was apparently not with the party line. If he was he would have won the primary. The person who wins the primary is the person who is in line with what that states party wants in a canidate. It is simple as that.

You miss the point Ihate, the comparision is between the party and the canidate. It is not even close to compare Lieberman with Chaffee in how much they follow their partys platform.

Its not about national politics though its about state politics. Texas Republicans don't get to vote for Chaffee just as Oregon Democrats don't vote for Lieberman.

Lieberman strayed too far from the Democratic party of Conneticut. It remains to be seen if Chafee has strayed to far from the Republican party of Rhode Island. Even Republicans in Rhode Island are liberal.

Its not about national politics though its about state politics. Texas Republicans don't get to vote for Chaffee just as Oregon Democrats don't vote for Lieberman.

Lieberman strayed too far from the Democratic party of Conneticut. It remains to be seen if Chafee has strayed to far from the Republican party of Rhode Island. Even Republicans in Rhode Island are liberal.

Ain't that the truth....

All politics is local let us remember that.

I haven't read up but this Laffey guy is probably still liberal by national Republican standards.

Back