Your most unusual Beer

zappasguitar

Think back over the years and ponder all the beer you've consumed...what was the most unusual flavor of beer you've ever had?

People have been trying to brew increasingly outrageous novelty beers for years. What was/is your favorite?

Back in the early 90's we used to have a pub in town that served beer from a microbrew named Eddie McStiff's from Moab, Ut.

These guys made the most amazing beer, it was a Spruce Ale. Tasted absolutely amazing and not at all like a tree like some might suspect.

They made a very few kegs and once it was gone we never got any more...to this day I still remember those days drinking that wonderful tasting beer.

Well its gonna be hard for me to choose, as I've had quite a variety in my few years. But some of the more unusual are Dogfish Head Sah'tea, Midas Touch, Sam Adams old fezzywig ale, rogue Somerset orange honey ale, and founders Cerise.

coconut beer

i spent a year overseas and the locals produced something they called 'coco beer' (roughly translated). iirc....it consisted of the juice from young coconuts, yeast and the sweet heart fruit nectar of a local tree. wait for about a week and drink.

my buddies and i didn't really get the buzz the locals received, they were hilarious drunk. i wished i had weed for them to smoke. when i awoke the next morning, in a disturbingly different world, nature was bellowing down my doorway and beckoning me with great haste to the shitter.

all 3 of us had the shits for two days. never again did we partake of the local 'beer'

coconut beer

i spent a year overseas and the locals produced something they called 'coco beer' (roughly translated). iirc....it consisted of the juice from young coconuts, yeast and the sweet heart fruit nectar of a local tree. wait for about a week and drink.

my buddies and i didn't really get the buzz the locals received, they were hilarious drunk. i wished i had weed for them to smoke. when i awoke the next morning, in a disturbingly different world, nature was bellowing down my doorway and beckoning me with great haste to the shitter.

all 3 of us had the shits for two days. never again did we partake of the local 'beer'

Coconuts are like that. Adding in alcohol is basically a poor mans colon blow.

coconut beer

Yea I drank fermented buco juice when I was in the PI except it was knock your socks off strong. I got shit faced drinking it.

Rogue are making a beer, the current release is the second batch, it's a bacon maple doughnut beer.

I enjoy Timothy Taylor's havercake ale, made from Yorkshire havercakes( oatcakes)!

There was a beer that used new shoots from an evergreen tree flavoring it.

Spruce Beer... It was not pleasant, IMO.

There was a beer that used new shoots from an evergreen tree flavoring it.

Spruce Beer... It was not pleasant, IMO.

See? That's exactly what I first thought when I heard Spruce Beer...Tree Beer?

NO Thank You.

It was remarkably flavorful however and despite having a very mild hint of pine, it still went down quite smoothly and there was no nasty aftertaste.

I'm currently sitting on a 1999 barley wine style ale from rogue , that's when rogue were still good!!
Might crack it at the birth of the next child!!
Unless the 12/21/12 thingy prevents!

IN MOTHERLAND IS DRINK CALLED KVASS. BUT SUPERIOR COMMUNIST SYSTEM DOES NOT GIVE RATION COUPONS FOR, ONLY GIVES FOR VODKA AND AFTERSHAVE, SO IVAN MAKES DO. BUT IVAN HAS PLAN. USE EMPTY BOTTLES AND PISTOL OF TULA ARSENAL AND FEDOR TOKAREV MODEL 1933 TO REDISTRIBUTE KVASS FROM GREEDY STOREFRON TO IVANS LIVER.

Back