Yurt's 2010 thanksgiving turkey: choose my recipe

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
i've always gone out to eat or go see family who cooks...i've never actually made the bird myself...so....give me ideas and i will pick the one i like the best and will let you all know....or to spice things up, i can create a poll about which i one i should choose

there is no recipe for the turkey.....you put it in the oven until the little plastic plunger pops out and tells you it's done..........

Cajun fried turkey is absolutely the BEST way to prepare turkey. 5 gallons of peanut oil, you can buy the propane cooker and spice injector kit at Wal-mart (or politically correct equivalent). Takes about 45 minutes start to finish... best turkey you ever put in your mouth... no messy kitchen to clean up. Several precautions... Do not attempt to fry a frozen bird! They EXPLODE! Make sure you observe proper fire safety guidelines, cook outdoors in an open area, have a fire extinguisher nearby just in case.

The main thing is, follow the cooking guidelines for time-to-weight, and temps. This is very important to get the bird properly cooked. If you don't, you will probably overcook or undercook, and neither is desirable.

Here's an extra tip.. Turkeys are so cheap, we always fry several birds. Since we already have the deal set up, and the oil is hot, might as well!

100 CC warfarin solution
1 tube K-Y jelly
1 turkey baster

Draw rat poison into baster by squeezing bulb
Insert baster in ass hole
Squeeze bulb

100 CC warfarin solution
1 tube K-Y jelly
1 turkey baster

Draw rat poison into baster by squeezing bulb
Insert baster in ass hole
Squeeze bulb

real nice...i mean a nice thread and you turn into something gross

typical of a poster known as maineman...is he a friend of yours :fu:

Cajun fried turkey is absolutely the BEST way to prepare turkey. 5 gallons of peanut oil, you can buy the propane cooker and spice injector kit at Wal-mart (or politically correct equivalent). Takes about 45 minutes start to finish... best turkey you ever put in your mouth... no messy kitchen to clean up. Several precautions... Do not attempt to fry a frozen bird! They EXPLODE! Make sure you observe proper fire safety guidelines, cook outdoors in an open area, have a fire extinguisher nearby just in case.

The main thing is, follow the cooking guidelines for time-to-weight, and temps. This is very important to get the bird properly cooked. If you don't, you will probably overcook or undercook, and neither is desirable.

Here's an extra tip.. Turkeys are so cheap, we always fry several birds. Since we already have the deal set up, and the oil is hot, might as well!

my uncle uses this method....not sure i want to deep fry a bird though...

my advice, unless you have a large crowd coming is to simply buy a turkey breast and bake it.....that will feed up to half a dozen and is far easier to cook.....cook some amazing sides, like cornbread/sausage stuffing and baked sweet potato casserole to wow the crowd instead of messing with customizing the turkey......don't forget cranberry/apple sauce.....

I usually use a decent quality scotch to baste the turkey during cooking, in addition to it's own juices.

i've always gone out to eat or go see family who cooks...i've never actually made the bird myself...so....give me ideas and i will pick the one i like the best and will let you all know....or to spice things up, i can create a poll about which i one i should choose

Doesn't matter how it is cooked, but for you it should be served cold!

I am sure a fellow lawyer at your firm could explain the meaning of 'cold turkey'. Stay in house, the advice should then be free.

that makes no sense...what does cold turkey have to do with this thread

and i'm not a lawyer, i flip burgers and am night manager

but tff you got personal....i think you are in fact scared to say what you actually meant....:)

that makes no sense...what does cold turkey have to do with this thread

and i'm not a lawyer, i flip burgers and am night manager

but tff you got personal....i think you are in fact scared to say what you actually meant....:)

Perhaps I have mistaken you for someone a little more interesting. But I am reliably informed that cannabis is a drug and I see from your previous avitar that you seem to take delight in promoting its use.
Anyway I don't care much one way or the other, so off you go to your little celebration. Thanksgiving, for us, is July of course.

Back