1% has become 2%

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
First time in a while I ventured over to GP for some semi-serious discussion.

I don't have much of an articulate post, just more something I have noticed that I feel warrants pointing out.

The proles will never stop taking your money. (obvious to the smarters members here)

For years, I always heard from liberals, and wealth stealers, that we should oblige them on tax policy. After all, "it's only the top 1%", and who gives a fuck about them? They're rich!

It was always 1% this, 1% that. Years and years this went on.

Meanwhile, many smart conservative posters like dano and myself pointed out that when you give an inch, people will always take a mile. Afterall, when has anyone decided to not desire more money?

But the discussion has now shifted. We are no longer talking about the top 1%.

We are talking about the top 2% of earners in this country.

Every talking head, every political pundit, it's all the same. They want to raise taxes on the top 2% in this country.

Another Tax Cut for the Top 2 Percent?
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2010/12/another_tax_cut.html

Another article referring to the dialogue of the top 2%:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123561551065378405.html

I have a good memory, and I am sure many of you as well. We all know that talk of the top 1% lasted for a long while. But the dialouge has now shifted.

This isn't the end of it.

Pretty soon we will be hearing about the top 3%, then the top 5%

Then the top 10%. You can count on it.

The wealth usurpers and unwashed proles will stop at nothing to get at your money. Always be on your guard

it's the slippery slut syndrome.....get too close you'll find yourself going all the way.....

(thought I would make GP seem more like home to you)......

I don't have much of an articulate post, just more something I have noticed that I feel warrants pointing out.

The proles will never stop taking your money. (obvious to the smarters members here)

For years, I always heard from liberals, and wealth stealers, that we should oblige them on tax policy. After all, "it's only the top 1%", and who gives a fuck about them? They're rich!

Meanwhile, many smart conservative posters like dano and myself pointed out that when you give an inch, people will always take a mile. Afterall, when has anyone decided to not desire more money?

Every talking head, every political pundit, it's all the same. They want to raise taxes on the top 2% in this country.

I have a good memory, and I am sure many of you as well. We all know that talk of the top 1% lasted for a long while. But the dialouge has now shifted.

The wealth usurpers and unwashed proles will stop at nothing to get at your money. Always be on your guard

That's the game-it's called by Obama "wealth redistribution"; but it's aim is really to put capitalist's under the authority of the government and make the masses a mediocre cradle to grave dependent people.

So which category do you two Croesus' fall into?

1%, or 2%?

Grind, I'm sooooooo dissapointed in your post. It's an interesting topic and you, who should presumably know better, just type out this lame strawman? Dude, I'd give others a pass but not you cause I know you have the ability to write something far better this this crap.

Grind, I'm sooooooo dissapointed in your post. It's an interesting topic and you, who should presumably know better, just type out this lame strawman? Dude, I'd give others a pass but not you cause I know you have the ability to write something far better this this crap.

Just curious, but WHAT straw man?

Also... how about explaining what it is that 'disappoints' you about his comments. That way we might be able to discuss rather than sit here saying... Mott is a nutter or Mott sucks at WW.

I was about to post, "What Strawman?" But then I read the thread and see that Superfreak already has.

Just curious, but WHAT straw man?

Also... how about explaining what it is that 'disappoints' you about his comments. That way we might be able to discuss rather than sit here saying... Mott is a nutter or Mott sucks at WW.
"For years, I always heard from liberals, and wealth stealers, that we should oblige them on tax policy. After all, "it's only the top 1%", and who gives a fuck about them? They're rich!"

How about that Strawman? Progressive vs Regressive taxation is a game topic but not when you troll with an intellectually dishonest strawman like that. I can only think that Grind is either off his meds or is trolling.

"For years, I always heard from liberals, and wealth stealers, that we should oblige them on tax policy. After all, "it's only the top 1%", and who gives a fuck about them? They're rich!"

How about that Strawman? Progressive vs Regressive taxation is a game topic but not when you troll with an intellectually dishonest strawman like that. I can only think that Grind is either off his meds or is trolling.

LMAO.... that is hardly a straw man. The tax the rich shout has come from the left for decades.

Note to Mott: Ever heard the 'reinstate tax cuts on those who make $250,000 or more' from anyone??? Just curious, but have you heard that from say any top Dems? Maybe Obama? Pelosi? Reid?

Heard it from any Dem party hacks? Say YOU?

LMAO.... that is hardly a straw man. The tax the rich shout has come from the left for decades.
Oh please. it's baited language that misrepresents progressive taxation ergo it's a strawman. Even a graduate of a second rate junior college with a social science degree like you should be able to see that!

Note to Mott: Ever heard the 'reinstate tax cuts on those who make $250,000 or more' from anyone??? Just curious, but have you heard that from say any top Dems? Maybe Obama? Pelosi? Reid?

Heard it from any Dem party hacks? Say YOU?
What the hell does that have to do with any thing? That's just anothe strawman. If an income group controls 50% of the money and is only paying 40% of the taxes....then they are under taxed. If they pay 60% of the taxes then they are over taxed. If they are paying 50%....then it's just right! :)

What the hell does that have to do with any thing? That's just anothe strawman. If an income group controls 50% of the money and is only paying 40% of the taxes....then they are under taxed. If they pay 60% of the taxes then they are over taxed. If they are paying 50%....then it's just right! :)

LMAO.... the above simply demonstrates that you have NO idea what you are talking about on this issue. That and the fact that you have no idea what a 'straw man' is.

Those that are in the top 1% of income earners make $250k or more (technically it is the top 1.5% now, which is the reason behind the shift from 1% to 2% that he was referring to). Which means it is REALITY, not a straw man as you proclaimed.

The top 1% brings in about 20% of the adjusted Gross Income and pays about 38% of the total income taxes. Therefore, according to your above rant.... they are already OVER taxed.

LMAO.... the above simply demonstrates that you have NO idea what you are talking about on this issue. That and the fact that you have no idea what a 'straw man' is.

Those that are in the top 1% of income earners make $250k or more (technically it is the top 1.5% now, which is the reason behind the shift from 1% to 2% that he was referring to). Which means it is REALITY, not a straw man as you proclaimed.

The top 1% brings in about 20% of the adjusted Gross Income and pays about 38% of the total income taxes. Therefore, according to your above rant.... they are already OVER taxed.

Yes, if what you claim is true, then they are over taxed but I question your numbers and would request a citation from a credible source.

democrat retardation = tax the rich becuase they are jealous

We don't have an undertaxed/revenue problem. We have a spending problem

Back