10 rules of philosophy to live by

None of these are rules of philosophy. They might be wise words by which to live but they have nothing to do with how to employ philosophy.

Thanks for the opinion of JPP’s most notorious sock puppeteer and paranoid schizophrenic, Sybil.

You are officially a troll. You only post here because you are a total loser who is desperate for attention.
and biggest troll who wastes the time of more JPP members than any two posters put together.

Why did you remove the link to your manifesto from your signature? Did it become embarrassing?

1. Be sincere

“A wrangler is one who aims only at victory, being indifferent whether the arguments which he employs support his own contention or that of his opponent.”
Akapāda Gautama

Written some time between the sixth and second centuries BCE, supposedly by Akapāda Gautama, the Indian classic the Nyāya Sūtras is the first great treatise on the principles of reasoning. Gautama distinguishes between three kinds of debate. In jalpa (wrangling) the aim is victory, while vitanda (cavilling) is concerned wholly with criticising the other side. But in good or honest discussion, vada, the aim is truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...self-better-10-rules-of-philosophy-to-live-by

All you do is post links and cut and pastes of other people's words

“Some vices miss what is right because they are deficient, others because they are excessive, in feelings or in actions, while virtue finds and chooses the mean.”
Aristotle

Aristotle said: “It is the mark of the trained mind never to expect more precision in the treatment of any subject than the nature of that subject permits.” You can be too precise as well as too vague, you can be too understanding of a view you disagree with as well as too dismissive, you can think too much for yourself or too little.

Wow, ten posts in a row of nothing but cutting and pasting the words of other people

Is that why you call people names over and over in discussions?
Don't forget that I fully support each and every ad hominem.

You are intentionally omitting the fact that any personal attacks that I make are strictly in addition to my fully suorted point, or otherwise in response to an ad hominem that had no point to address.

Back