105+ a gallon

you'll need gas to be about $5 gallon to pay for your statement mobil/prius.
I get 37mpg on a regular civic on the hwy at about 40% less than the prius.

I should consider myself very fortunate to be retired, as I only need to make short trips to the store, etc. 2 or 3 times a month. A full tank of gas lasts me for 2 months or so.

you'll need gas to be about $5 gallon to pay for your statement mobil/prius.
I get 37mpg on a regular civic on the hwy at about 40% less than the prius.

No I won't My prius is a total tax write off as a training aid for my technicians :D

I should consider myself very fortunate to be retired, as I only need to make short trips to the store, etc. 2 or 3 times a month. A full tank of gas lasts me for 2 months or so.

Me too pretty much. I have been driving my 18 yr old Scoobie Doo more lately though. Having to fill up once a month now. About 8 miles to my business I got last year.
The prius is a business expense since my tech are training to repair them.
I hope they don't break it too often ;)

will probably be getting one of the escape hybrids later too. No rush till they start running out of warranty though.

Last edited:
Everyone thinking it's bad now, just wait until it hits $150 a barell by years end, as some experts are predicting.

That and other economic factors is why I say the republicans will be hoisted by their own petards (sp?) in November.

$1.50 (AUD) per litre here. Gallon is just under 4 litres. Roughly $6AUD per gallon. Of course our dollar is all over the shop at the moment but today it's 91USc to our $1 so that's about $5.45(USD) a gallon.

I think. Anyway it's bloody expensive even allowing for my crappy arithmetic.

If anyone can correct my calculations please do so, I'm hopeless at numbers.

Back