13-yr-old girl beaten for carrying anti-illegal-immigration sign

While Watermark tries to clean up his image and delete stuff,

Bottom line those kids were absolutely wrong and should be punished to the fullest extent. If one of them were my kid, he or she would have the punishment of a lifetime.

While Watermark tries to clean up his image and delete stuff,

Bottom line those kids were absolutely wrong and should be punished to the fullest extent. If one of them were my kid, he or she would have the punishment of a lifetime.

What we need in the world right now, is love.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxTpsIVzzo"]YouTube - All You Need Is Love - The Beatles[/ame]

Now it seems the 13-year-old girl lied about the three boys scratching and beating her. They did take her poster away, but did not hurt her. Heard about this on the radio on the way to work today, so I checked it out and found I had been wrong in my original post.

Great. So now we have both parties guilty. The three boys stole her poster, which they shouldn't have done. They are still thugs.

She lied about what they had done, accusing them of beating and scratching her when in fact she deliberately scratched herself to frame them. She's a miserable liar and should join them in their suspension.

-------------------------------------

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/17439834.html

Texas Schoolgirl Lied About Attack Over Immigration Sign Save Email Print

(April 9, 2008)--An Athens eighth-grader lied when she told them a pack of angry classmates assaulted her over an anti-illegal immigration poster she took to class as part of an assignment, school officials said Wednesday.

Bowers' poster for a class project read, "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

J. R. Bowers, the girl's father said Tuesday his daughter suffered scratch marks along her neck, face and arms and had a swollen jaw as a result of the scuffle over the sign.

But Athens Superintendent Dr. Fred Hayes said Wednesday surveillance video shows 13-year-old Melanie Bowers inflicting scratch marks on herself after her poster was taken.

Three Hispanic students were suspended for their role in the scuffle.

Hayes said their punishment remains valid because they helped take the poster, but did not hurt Bowers in the process.

Hayes said the school district has asked police to file criminal charges against the girl for filing a false report.

Very true Chaver.

As I was reading down this thread I was getting ready to post that so many were so sure about what happened with so little information.

What many of you dont seem to realize is that latinos are used to hearing people arround them say things about the issue. All you have to do is be latino dress causually and speak a few latino words in public and you will end up hearing someone say something. The principle is dead dwrong about the issue being to politically charged to discuss. We need to teach our kids the right way to discuss such issues. You dont steal, you dont attack and you dont lie but also you dont hide issues like this you discuss them in an adult manner. There is a very good lesson for the school to teach.

Back