145 BILLION

Cancel7

Banned
President Bush on Friday called for about $145 billion worth of tax relief and other incentives to stimulate a sagging economy and fend off a possible recession. He said a growth package must include tax incentives for business investment and "direct and rapid" tax relief for individuals.

President Bush on Friday called for about $145 billion worth of tax relief and other incentives to stimulate a sagging economy and fend off a possible recession. He said a growth package must include tax incentives for business investment and "direct and rapid" tax relief for individuals.

* smacks forehead

How can we afford this? How is he going to pay for this? This is fiscally irresponsible. Damo, have you checked the white house website to see how he is going to pay for this? Or are you still over at the Clinton website trying to ferret out how she’s going to pay for health care?

How can we afford this? How is he going to pay for this? This is fiscally irresponsible. Damo, have you checked the white house website to see how he is going to pay for this? Or are you still over at the Clinton website trying to ferret out how she’s going to pay for health care?

Just print more money! Devalue it even more.

This is the only economic "plan" he knows. His tax cuts never took off as promised, and I'd wager that just as many of them ended up in Swiss or offshore accounts as were pumped back into the economy.

He's such a buffoon.

I'm at neither. I gave up on Bush long ago and have told you people he was fiscally retarded and spent like a loon. What part of that means I think spending more is a good idea?

Standing around and pretending you are giving a "gift" to people who gave you the money to begin with is just assinine.

SWEET
Do you know your favorite dems is calling for a stimulus package as well. They are tripping over each other to see who can call for the highest one.

I've come to the conclusion, that I will never ever speak ill of a tax cut again for the rest of my life. What I will speak ill of is congress' drunken sailor spending and disregard for budget balancing.

I'm fine with tax cuts. Actually I luv 'em when they affect me, but where are they cutting spending?

I've come to the conclusion, that I will never ever speak ill of a tax cut again for the rest of my life. What I will speak ill of is congress' drunken sailor spending and disregard for budget balancing.

I'm fine with tax cuts. Actually I luv 'em when they affect me, but where are they cutting spending?
100% agree.

:) Good to hear...

The problem is even though we all want government to stop spending, a good portion still want something more.

Welcome to economic conservatism. This is what we have been bitching about for 40+ years.

Getting a check for 500 dollars is not a tax cut. It’s a tax rebate.

And it’s a bribe. It’s, take this and shut up about what we give away to the rich and to corporations, and watch us as we bankrupt the government so that we have to slash social spending and poor people, who there are more and more of, freeze and starve to death. You take your 500 bucks and you keep your mouth shut about what else we do.

And if you can be bought off for 500 bucks, good for you, but I don’t want it, anymore than I wanted the 300 bucks they bought most of America off for a few years ago, and you see where that got us.

AMEN:clink:

The best first start would be getting out of Iraq and to separate the military industiral complex.

We would have enough money for any fucking thing we wanted to do and a tax cut.

Back