No grind, I'm not posting the video.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24684860-5014239,00.html

19-year-old Abraham K Biggs commits suicide live on webcam

By staff writers November 21, 2008 01:10pm
Have your say! Comments are open on this article - add yours

* 19-year-old committed suicide on live webcam
* People allegedly encouraged him online
* Video still streaming when police found him

A TEENAGER has apparently committed suicide in front of a live webcam after being encouraged by people online.

19-year-old Florida resident Abraham K. Biggs, who went by the screen names "CandyJunkie" and “Mr Biggs”, told users on a bodybuilding forum he would be committing suicide that night and invited them to watch the live video.

The forum moderators allegedly ignored the post – assuming it was a prank – while other users posted insults and even egged him on.
Suicide help and advice is available from www.sane.org

The teen used the "lifecasting" website Justin.tv – designed to let users share the minutiae of their everyday lives – to stream footage from his bedroom.
Related Coverage

Biggs was seen taking several pills before lying on the bed with his back to the camera.

He didn't move, and users claim they realised it was serious a few hours later when they saw he wasn't breathing. Moderators then traced Biggs's location and informed authorities.

The webcam was still streaming live footage of the teen's body as police entered the room. A laser-guided weapon was pointed at the body and an object was thrown at the bed.

Authorities then appeared on the video as they approached the teen's body, checked for a pulse, and covered up the webcam.

Biggs’s death was reportedly confirmed by the Broward County medical examiner.

Justin.tv chief executive officer Michael Seibel told online video news website NewTeeVee.com the service relied on users to report inappropriate content.

"As for the broadcaster incident last night, we don’t comment on individual videos, however, our policy prohibits inappropriate content on Justin.tv," he said.

"We rely on the community to flag videos that they feel are objectionable. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed and quickly removed from the system if it violates our Terms of Use."

Some forum users allegedly began deleting their posts after the incident and an official thread – including Biggs' full name – was posted by moderators.

Biggs's friends have posted "RIP" messages on his MySpace page, with some still asking him to pick up his phone, and others changing their statuses to "devastated".

The teen described himself as a "good hearted guy" on his social networking profile.

"I care a lot about my friends and my family and I would do almost anything for them," he said.

"I am very goal oriented, I know what I want to do with my life and I am working towards it."

Biggs last posted on MySpace three days before he committed suicide in a wall post about taking sleeping pills. A week ago he left a message about closing a chapter in his life and apologised to his friends for his behaviour.

The circumstances of the teen's suicide are similar to another incident last year, when a man hung himself in front of a live webcam as internet users egged him on.

Wow! Congrats on finding a role model, Waterhead!

This is the second post I've read from you, over a period of several days, wherein you appear to be attempting to goad a teenager into committing suicide.

Be careful crossing roads Dixie. The kind of Karma you are attracting with those kinds of thoughts - why I wouldn't be surprised if you were to be hit by a motorcycle, surviving only long enough to register your intestines strewn about the roadside.

Folks, Dixie does not represent the South.....or even humanity in general. Lord, son...get some perspective.

This is the second post I've read from you, over a period of several days, wherein you appear to be attempting to goad a teenager into committing suicide.

Be careful crossing roads Dixie. The kind of Karma you are attracting with those kinds of thoughts - why I wouldn't be surprised if you were to be hit by a motorcycle, surviving only long enough to register your intestines strewn about the roadside.

LOL... what a vivid imagination! Did you come up with that scenario by yourself, or was it in some liberal pinhead book you read? For the record, what you said is untrue. Waterhead is no teenager, he is a 30-year-old virgin who lives in his grandmother's basement. And I am not 'goading' him at all, I am encouraging him to try new things! Now, go fuck yourself, you worthless cunt!

Folks, Dixie does not represent the South.....or even humanity in general. Lord, son...get some perspective.

I hope they realized that before, Tek. But the south has a tendencyto have its loudest and most obnoxious people recognized as the norm.

This is a tragedy in too many ways. This kid commiting suicide. The people egging him on. And the bloodthirsty voyeurs watching it.

What a shame.

I wonder how many kids out there will consider this more seriously because of the coverage it got?

I hope they realized that before, Tek. But the south has a tendencyto have its loudest and most obnoxious people recognized as the norm.

This is a tragedy in too many ways. This kid commiting suicide. The people egging him on. And the bloodthirsty voyeurs watching it.

What a shame.

I wonder how many kids out there will consider this more seriously because of the coverage it got?
It happens everywhere. Every time I see some dude from CO on TV nationally, they consistently have a cowboy hat and speak with an accent that doesn't exist here.

I don't know where they find them.

It happens everywhere. Every time I see some dude from CO on TV nationally, they consistently have a cowboy hat and speak with an accent that doesn't exist here.

I don't know where they find them.

Like you don't have a cowboy hat

Dixie doesn't affect me, but it's awul when bullies like him find people that they do affect. All empathy (the little we actually have) seems to disappear from people when communicating in written form.

Like you don't have a cowboy hat
I have cowboy hats, but the Colorado Accent is about the same as Toronto Canadians. People from Buffalo actually thought I was from Canada. Instead the people on TV have a drawl and sound like they were birthed somewhere around Alabama.

Most people in Colorado, however, do not even have a cowboy hat, let alone a southern drawl.

Back