2008 Electoral Projection

Cancel11

God Bless America
Here is mine:

2008_Projection.gif

What bothers me the most is the lack of Independents.

I am tired of the two main parties. Time for another party.

I doubt Ohio goes Republican this time.

I doubt Obama will win Wisconsin, although I did include that in my prediction, just to be safe. My prediction above is the least possible outcome for McCain. He will probably win Wisconsin and Iowa, and possibly Minnesota as well.

I agree with most of the map, although I think McCain has a shot in CA. Bush almost won it last time, and John is certainly a CA style Republican. Plus, it is adjoining his home state, not that means a lot, but I think he has a better chance than Bush did in CA. He may also snag New Mexico, since he is a "local" in those parts. Another factor will be who he picks as a running mate. Mitt Romney, and he may win a state or two in the Northeast liberal mecca.

Barr will get nowhere close to 4%, he will be lucky to get 2%, and I am a Bob Barr fan! That is just the nature of third-party presidential candidates, and reality speaking. But I understand your enthusiasm.

The popular vote will not be as close as you have predicted. I say it's McCain 52% Obama 47%...maaaaybe 48% The rest will be divided between the dozen or so yahoos who are running third party.

I honestly think the Obamamania will fade before November, and without the "Operation Chaos" Republican votes, it will be very difficult for Obama. I'm just not convinced that a large chunk of his support wasn't from people who just didn't want to see Hillary win the nomination.

dixie soirry im a likttle drink when posting this

barr will take a lot of mccain voetes, because rehgarless of whether mccain is a conservative or not, they hate mccain,. so i thnink he will take at least 3% opf the vote. including mhy own. if i lived in a swing state id be tempted to vote for mccain, but as it as im hoing to vte for barr. or naldwon.

anywha i hpot to log off im completely trashed lol

it tok a fucking hour to read your post lopl

bye

I'm predicting something a little more like this:

400px-1964_Electoral_Map.png

Except minus Airzona and Georgia.

Popular vote:

Obama: 94.8%
Bob Barr: 5%
Ralph Nader: 0.2%
McCain: <0.1%

your a fucking idiot
fuick you

I gotta get too drunk to dream
'cause dreaming only makes me blue
i gotta get too drunk to dream
because i only dream of you

i gotta get too pissed to miss you
or i'll never get to sleep
i gotta drink wine not to pine for you
and god knows that ain't cheap

i know you think i'm insane
i know it's not appealing
but til i'm feeling no pain
guess what i'll be feeling?

I gotta get too fried to cry,
or i'll be crying all night long
i gotta get too high to sigh
oh my god where did i go wrong?

So why do i get plastered?
and why am i so lonely?
it's you, you heartless bastard
you're my one and only!

and god knows that ain't cheap!

I gotta get too drunk to dream
'cause dreaming only makes me blue
i gotta get too drunk to dream
because i only dream of you

i know you think i'm insane
i know it's not appealing
but til i'm feeling no pain
guess what i'll be feeling?

I gotta get too fried to cry,
or i'll be crying all night long
i gotta get too high to sigh
oh my god where did i go wrong?

So why do i get plastered?
and why am i so lonely?
it's you, you heartless bastard
you're my one and only!

and god knows that ain't cheap!

LOL. Where did you get this from Water?

I agree with most of the map, although I think McCain has a shot in CA. Bush almost won it last time, and John is certainly a CA style Republican. Plus, it is adjoining his home state, not that means a lot, but I think he has a better chance than Bush did in CA. He may also snag New Mexico, since he is a "local" in those parts. Another factor will be who he picks as a running mate. Mitt Romney, and he may win a state or two in the Northeast liberal mecca.

Barr will get nowhere close to 4%, he will be lucky to get 2%, and I am a Bob Barr fan! That is just the nature of third-party presidential candidates, and reality speaking. But I understand your enthusiasm.

The popular vote will not be as close as you have predicted. I say it's McCain 52% Obama 47%...maaaaybe 48% The rest will be divided between the dozen or so yahoos who are running third party.

I honestly think the Obamamania will fade before November, and without the "Operation Chaos" Republican votes, it will be very difficult for Obama. I'm just not convinced that a large chunk of his support wasn't from people who just didn't want to see Hillary win the nomination.
You starting with the "fact" that Bush almost won California shows how little you know, Kerry won California 54% to 45% and by 1.2 million votes. having so little grip in reality your predictions mean so little that I think people should just gloss over any post in which you predict anything. If you predicted the sun was going to come up in the morning I would have serious doubts. You are the proverbial broken clock.

I bet Dixie predicted a second George HW Bush term and practiced saying President Dole in front of the mirror.

You starting with the "fact" that Bush almost won California shows how little you know, Kerry won California 54% to 45% and by 1.2 million votes. having so little grip in reality your predictions mean so little that I think people should just gloss over any post in which you predict anything. If you predicted the sun was going to come up in the morning I would have serious doubts. You are the proverbial broken clock.
What about the Gore vote in CA? Was that any closer?

I bet Dixie predicted a second George HW Bush term and practiced saying President Dole in front of the mirror.

That's funny, I didn't even vote for HW the second time, and I predicted Dole would lose to Clinton.

You starting with the "fact" that Bush almost won California shows how little you know, Kerry won California 54% to 45% and by 1.2 million votes.

Well, the key word here is "almost" and it can be very subjective. If an earthquake killed all but 1.2 million Californians, you could say it "almost" killed everyone in California. For Bush to get 45% of the vote in what it considered to be one of the most Liberal states, can be called "almost" winning. It's not hard for me to imagine McCain being 5% more popular than Bush in California, which would give McCain 50% of the vote and a victory over Obama there.

Oh, I realize I am going out on a limb to say this... because inevitably, some pinhead will interpret it to be a "prediction McCain will win California" and I will have to tolerate the non-stop posting of the misconception and slanderous lie, just like other things I've not said. But I think it is a mistake to automatically assume California will go blue. I think it is very much in play for Sen. McCain, and if he continues to sound like a liberal in a conservative suit, people may just mistake him for Arnold in California, and he just might pull off an upset.

If an earthquake killed all but 1.2 million Californians, you could say it "almost" killed everyone in California.

uhhhhmm, no you couldn't. It woulod've killed about 3% of californians. That would be like my stocks going down 3% and me yelling "I almost lost all of my money today!"

For Bush to get 45% of the vote in what it considered to be one of the most Liberal states, can be called "almost" winning.

No it can't.

It's not hard for me to imagine McCain being 5% more popular than Bush in California, which would give McCain 50% of the vote and a victory over Obama there.

It's very hard to imagine him closing a 10-point margin.

Oh, I realize I am going out on a limb to say this... because inevitably, some pinhead will interpret it to be a "prediction McCain will win California" and I will have to tolerate the non-stop posting of the misconception and slanderous lie, just like other things I've not said. But I think it is a mistake to automatically assume California will go blue. I think it is very much in play for Sen. McCain, and if he continues to sound like a liberal in a conservative suit, people may just mistake him for Arnold in California, and he just might pull off an upset.

I doubt it.

Back