21 years ago today

Little-Acorn

21 years ago today, on June 12, 1987, President Ronald Reagan made a speech at the Brandenburg Gate in Germany, saying:

"We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

(Some of Reagan's speechwriters objected to that last sentence, and tried to get the President to soften or remove it. But Reagan insisted on keeping it in.)

Can you imagine a President Obama, or Ted Kennedy, or Dick Durbin, making such a demand today if the wall still existed, along with the regime that built it?

21 years ago today, on June 12, 1987, President Ronald Reagan made a speech at the Brandenburg Gate in Germany, saying:

(Some of Reagan's speechwriters objected to that last sentence, and tried to get the President to soften or remove it. But Reagan insisted on keeping it in.)

Can you imagine a President Obama, or Ted Kennedy, or Dick Durbin, making such a demand today if the wall still existed, along with the regime that built it?

They would be completely laughed at if they even tried to use the same speech that President Reagan did. It would look like Dukakis riding in the Abrams Tank.

michael-dukakis-1988.jpg

Ahh yes... Liberals protecting America... You just can't make up this stuff.​

They would be completely laughed at if they even tried to use the same speech that President Reagan did. It would look like Dukakis riding in the Abrams Tank.

michael-dukakis-1988.jpg

Ahh yes... Liberals protecting America... You just can't make up this stuff.​

lOL bandwidth stealer!

Ronald Reagan was a terrorist. There have been few men who have killed more American lives.

He was weak on terrorism, wasn't he? The Bush Republicans and those who support McCain would not be voting for him, now!

Porter says Reagan was responsible for the prosperity in the 80s and 90s, and Clinton had no hand in the prosperity of the 90s.

Convenient.

Hold on Froggie. Should I be focused on APFC or everything else? Please let me know because I do have options.

Ahahahaha, you know I like it when you make us money. I need more to cover the cost of heating my home this winter and I live in an oil state. I am going to push for Alaska owning her own future oil! It is ridiculous to pay 4.19 a gallon. Chavez's country isn't paying that much.

How is you love life?

He was weak on terrorism, wasn't he? The Bush Republicans and those who support McCain would not be voting for him, now!

Please y'all vote for more taxes so the sexiest mother in America can get her A.C.! P.S. y'all she is in Alaska!!!!

Please y'all vote for more taxes so the sexiest mother in America can get her A.C.! P.S. y'all she is in Alaska!!!!

I know, what a hypocrite, huh! They pay me to live here! i just want to own our own oil!:cof1:

I can understand why repubs pine for Reagan. They've created a myth out of him. For the past quarter century, repubs have been saddled with a party characterized by such horrid and unispiring leaders like George Bush junior, Poppy Bush, Bob Dole, John McCain, Tom Delay, and Newt Gingrich. Repubs need a myth to grasp onto.

Reagan was weak on terrorism, gave amnesty to illegal aliens, illegally sold arms to Iran, supported rightwing terrorism, exploded the government's debt, and raised record taxes on middle and low income americans.

Why repubs put him on a pedestal is a mystery.

The really sad thing is Gorbachev told him he was going to take down the wall before he made this speach.

How pathetic is that?

Back