22 weeks and counting

I corrected my error.

ZZ72682359.jpg
And again, he isn't bowing, he's receiving a medal, you can even see it in the dude's hand.

This is weak stuff, probably from www.imakookaiddrinkingdemocratwhowilluseanyexcusetodefendbarack.com

I mean crap:

Here is the paragraph below the picture from your link:

That's not president Bush bowing to King Abdullah, that's President Bush getting the King Abdulaziz Medal from the king for "significant contributions made by an individual to the Kingdom." Now personally I'm not very happy with President Bush being that chummy with a Muslim tyrant, but what he did was bend over so the shorter King Abdullah could reach to put the medal around President Bush's neck.

No, it was from a rightie blogger criticizing Obama, if you bothered to read the link.

Wanna make up another excuse for bush bowing to the Pope?

bush_bow.jpg
LOL. See the post directly above yours.

In that one he did bow, and was creamed in the media for it, and rightfully so. Of course, it doesn't mention that first the Pope bowed and it was reciprocated.

If it is his idea that bowing to King Abdullah would stop terrorists, then he is an idiot too. Our propping up that dictatorship is one of the things that they use to gain recruits and one of their major complaints against the US.

No here is a picture of Bush improperly bowing to a nominal head of state:

bush_bow.jpg

Yeah, but that dude is like the representative, and voice, of God on earth. Bowing to him is like bowing to God. If you believe in that stuff. Hell, I don't believe in it and I'd probably bow to the Pope.

Yeah, but that dude is like the representative, and voice, of God on earth. Bowing to him is like bowing to God. If you believe in that stuff. Hell, I don't believe in it and I'd probably bow to the Pope.
Yeah, he's a "nominal" head of state.

The reality is, the Pope bowed the same way, Bush reciprocated with the same type of exaggerated head nod. He was still creamed by the conspiracy freaks.

Yeah, he's a "nominal" head of state.

The reality is, the Pope bowed the same way, Bush reciprocated with the same type of exaggerated head nod. He was still creamed by the conspiracy freaks.

Well, yeah, but...they were conspiracy freaks.

I mean, what are you saying? Conspiracy freaks think it was a big deal Bush bowed to the Pope; I didn't. Conspiracy freaks think Obama's bow was a big deal; I didn't.

Are we letting consipracy freaks dictate what we attribute as good or bad behavior in a President?

Well, yeah, but...they were conspiracy freaks.

I mean, what are you saying? Conspiracy freaks think it was a big deal Bush bowed to the Pope; I didn't. Conspiracy freaks think Obama's bow was a big deal; I didn't.

Are we letting consipracy freaks dictate what we attribute as good or bad behavior in a President?
Bowing to another head of state, particularly that one, is not good regardless.

If you ever become President don't make this same mistake that Bush and Obama seem prone to, it's just foolish. But heck we had multiple threads on Bush's shoulder rub, and now the iPod and condescending shoulder pat Obama gave the Queen... The bows and gaffes.

Bowing to a foreign head of state is not something the President of the United States should do.

If you ever become President don't make this same mistake that Bush and Obama seem prone to, it's just foolish.

I don't see where either bow damaged either man, or America, one iota.

Yet we had to hear about the shoulder rub forever. I don't see how it damaged the nation one iota...

The reality is protocol between nations should be followed correctly by somebody we have given this responsibility to. It was right to excoriate Bush for gaffes in that arena, it is right to do it with Obama.

Yet we had to hear about the shoulder rub forever. I don't see how it damaged the nation one iota...

The reality is protocol between nations should be followed correctly by somebody we have given this responsibility to. It was right to excoriate Bush for gaffes in that arena, it is right to do it with Obama.

Well, if you think it's a genuine problem for both men, by all means, criticize both men for their actions.

To me, the original post misses a larger point. I guess to start with, very few of this kind of level of "offense" ever really bothered me about Bush. What bothered me about Bush was his rushing into one of the most unnecessary, destructive wars in American history, as well as other gross incompetence on the job. Did I abuse him for stuff like massaging the chancellor's shoulders? Probably once or twice. The larger point is that I wouldn't have if he had shown some competence on larger issues, and hadn't gotten hundreds of thousands killed with such carelessness...

No here is a picture of Bush improperly bowing to a nominal head of state:

bush_bow.jpg
And co-conspirator in a crime of huge proportion. The man he is bowing to wrote a letter to all Cardinals calling on them to hide incidences of Child Molestation until such time as the statute of limitation had run on those crimes. If this man had been the head of the boy scouts he would have been arrested, his letter would have been placed in evidence against him and he would have spent the rest of his life in prison. Not only should a president NEVER bow to him but he should NEVER be allowed in this country. He is a criminal.

If you ever become President don't make this same mistake that Bush and Obama seem prone to, it's just foolish. But heck we had multiple threads on Bush's shoulder rub, and now the iPod and condescending shoulder pat Obama gave the Queen... The bows and gaffes.

Bowing to a foreign head of state is not something the President of the United States should do.

Why would you say the shoulder pat was "condescending"? Seems like a pretty selective interpretation of the gesture, even if you think he was wrong for making it. (And I'm not disagreeing that he should observe protocol.)

I don't either. Common courtesy is becoming a lost art anymore.

I agree all heads of state should observe other countries' standards of protocol but this is really much ado about nothing. Nobody was being insulted except the Obama critics.

And co-conspirator in a crime of huge proportion. The man he is bowing to wrote a letter to all Cardinals calling on them to hide incidences of Child Molestation until such time as the statute of limitation had run on those crimes. If this man had been the head of the boy scouts he would have been arrested, his letter would have been placed in evidence against him and he would have spent the rest of his life in prison. Not only should a president NEVER bow to him but he should NEVER be allowed in this country. He is a criminal.
Yup. The systematic way they hid the perpetrators actually created a larger issue. Predators realized that entering the Priesthood would gain them protection as well as access, the "perfect" solution.

If people don't think these people talk they are very, very wrong. Groups like NAMBLA really do exist, and these predators hone "skills" by getting "advise" from others. When the Catholic church started hiding these child rapists by just moving them to another diocese to start again the news would spread, and more Priests would enter with this particular disgusting problem, thus increasing their problem exponentially.

Again that's a selective interpretation or mind-reading at its worst. Haven't you ever reflexively touched or patted a person during conversation?
No. And if I were President meeting the Head of State of another nation I would carefully adjust if I were one of the touchy-feely people. There really is no excuse for breaking protocol publicly that way. And even worse giving an iPod full of his own speeches. Ugh.

Come on. If Bush had done ANY of these things you would have been on him like white on rice.

Back