-370 dow for the day

cool, since you didn't take economics
Buy low sell high
I'm buying for 15 more years, I'm tired of overpaying

Sure especially my pride I was a millionaire before this fall, I'm down over $120,000.
Thing is I don't buy groceries with my 401K. And I won't for a long time unless someone buys Chevron. I'd rather buy stocks cheap (i.e. lower than historic P/E's). They are still not cheap. Maybe at 11,000 they would be

Sure especially my pride I was a millionaire before this fall, I'm down over $120,000.
Thing is I don't buy groceries with my 401K. And I won't for a long time unless someone buys Chevron. I'd rather buy stocks cheap (i.e. lower than historic P/E's). They are still not cheap. Maybe at 11,000 they would be

My point is, I doubt it would do you much good to be buying new stock in a depression market if all your prior capital was lost in said depression. It would be like starting your career all over again from scratch.

Its one thing to catch stocks on the low and sell them when they go back up, or better yet, new stocks (like Microsoft circa 1985), but 5000 is uselessly depressed.

grasshopper you will learn real world stuff when you start investing.
If I can by 3x the shares at 5,000 and I'm retiring in 15 yrs when the market is 20,000 or whatever. I'm much better off with more shares.

the sooner you start the less you need
you'd be shock what $100 mo does when you start in your 20's

On this terrible day in stocks, I was lucky I made the decision earlier this month to move my 401K into a less volatile portfolio. Would have been down $2000 but isntead I'm only down $500.

Okay, let's get some perspective here. The level is the same as it was 4 days ago. Nearly exactly. People need to stop thinking every profit-taking day is a global depression.

Back