-370 dow for the day

the sooner you start the less you need
you'd be shock what $100 mo does when you start in your 20's

Alright, I'm just saying, that I would find such discomforts annoying. Granted, you have to work at making it in the end and would have no choice but to get by, but it would still piss me off.

Okay, let's get some perspective here. The level is the same as it was 4 days ago. Nearly exactly. People need to stop thinking every profit-taking day is a global depression.

So we should compare to 4 days ago instead of yesterday?

I'm comparing all the way back since I made the portfolio switch and checking my opportunity costs... I would be down 20% from around January 20th, but I'm only down 5%....once this stretch of volatility is removed, I'll take my 401K out of the safer stocks and put it back in the Growth and Income Portfolio. I'm kind of restricted to what I can do with my 401K, and have about 5 choices.

So we should compare to 4 days ago instead of yesterday?

I'm comparing all the way back since I made the portfolio switch and checking my opportunity costs... I would be down 20% from around January 20th, but I'm only down 5%....once this stretch of volatility is removed, I'll take my 401K out of the safer stocks and put it back in the Growth and Income Portfolio. I'm kind of restricted to what I can do with my 401K, and have about 5 choices.
Where did I say that? People start panicking as soon as they see -300, whether it is huge or just a profit taking day. This wasn't that big of news.

Back