49ers Back On Top

I thought his dream job was Notre Dame?

And got to say there "cawacko" this is the first time I can recall you recording anything positive or exciting about San Francisco, must be the hometown roots are buried deep

Where did you go Archives? We're 6 - 0 and coming for your Patriots. (and yes, the 49ers if you haven't followed have been a disaster since Harbaugh left so there's not been a whole lot to talk about). Of course now I sound like a follower of a team that has never won before by getting so excited over a quick start. In the real world I keep my mouth shut. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing. But since the majority of this board is sh*t talking and trolling I'll say something here.

(Of course they'll lose to the Redskins this weekend because my dumb *ss post this but that aside) All is good in the world again, the 49ers #1 in the NFC and soon the entire NFL. Dominate, dominate D along with a power running game and one of the most handsome men on the planet at QB.

(Now once Urban Meyer replaces Clay Helton life will truly be heaven on earth)

Dream on. Urban just opened a new restaurant here in Dublin and has other business interest he’s involved with and he’s made it clear that there is only one college football program he’d consider and it’s not USC.

He’s made it clear he would consider an NFL job with a top NFL team (i.e. Dallas) but unless Notre Dame calls Myers is done with college.

(Of course they'll lose to the Redskins this weekend because my dumb *ss post this but that aside) All is good in the world again, the 49ers #1 in the NFC and soon the entire NFL. Dominate, dominate D along with a power running game and one of the most handsome men on the planet at QB.

(Now once Urban Meyer replaces Clay Helton life will truly be heaven on earth)

so you're picking them to lose to the Vikings in the SB?......

Dream on. Urban just opened a new restaurant here in Dublin and has other business interest he’s involved with and he’s made it clear that there is only one college football program he’d consider and it’s not USC.

He’s made it clear he would consider an NFL job with a top NFL team (i.e. Dallas) but unless Notre Dame calls Myers is done with college.

He just bought a home in Manhattan Beach. His job is in LA. You can own ventures across the country.

You misunderstood his interview with Cowhard. He’s not interested in the NFL. Urban is a college coach and he has a chance to be the only coach to win titles at three schools.

Like I said ‘SC could F this up because that’s what we do. But Urban to ‘SC isn’t some pipe dream, there are discussions happening.

I don't think it would work out for him as a NFL coach.

There is rumors,USC is talking with him

So far that's all they are is rumors. Reggie Bush said that he would recruit Urban for USC, in a tongue and cheek manner, as they work together on Game Day. Mark May said with absolute certainty that USC will hire Urban...we all know how full of shit Mark May is and that's just about the best evidence there is that it's just a rumor.

So far that's all they are is rumors. Reggie Bush said that he would recruit Urban for USC, in a tongue and cheek manner, as they work together on Game Day. Mark May said with absolute certainty that USC will hire Urban...we all know how full of shit Mark May is and that's just about the best evidence there is that it's just a rumor.

I don't listen to what the national guys say, I listen to what the 'SC insiders say. No one is saying Urban is a done deal. What they are saying is there are back door discussions being had and there is definite mutual interest (at least with some at 'SC). Mutual interest does not guarantee a deal gets done. But this is one of those cases where there is smoke there is fire.

I don't listen to what the national guys say, I listen to what the 'SC insiders say. No one is saying Urban is a done deal. What they are saying is there are back door discussions being had and there is definite mutual interest (at least with some at 'SC). Mutual interest does not guarantee a deal gets done. But this is one of those cases where there is smoke there is fire.

So "cawacko," not to change the subject, but being there, give us a few sentence personal impression of living in a State plagued by the danger of fire

So "cawacko," not to change the subject, but being there, give us a few sentence personal impression of living in a State plagued by the danger of fire

It is what it is. I was in high school living in Oakland when the '89 quake hit. I was in LA in college when the '94(?) Northridge quake hit LA. I was a freshman in college in LA when the Oakland Hills fire hit. It was right by my family's home. They evacuated but a lot of people around us lost their homes. It was devastating. Point being it comes with the territory of living here. (I can get into the political aspects of PG&E and why this is happening but that's a different discussion.) My wife directs a pre-school in Marin. School has been closed for four days now I believe because they don't have power. Many of my friends have had their power out within the past several weeks. It's all people talk about on Facebook. You look up in the sky and see smoke everywhere. It's crazy.

Last edited:

Well...as long as Brian Kelly is doing well at ND it’s possible but USC doesn’t stand a chance if ND comes knocking.

I don’t think he’ll do it. I can see him taking over at USC as AD but not Head Coach.

Well...as long as Brian Kelly is doing well at ND it’s possible but USC doesn’t stand a chance if ND comes knocking.

I don’t think he’ll do it. I can see him taking over at USC as AD but not Head Coach.

Not sure why he would want to be our AD. He's a coach. And he was a chance to go down in the record books as the only coach to win titles with three different teams. Health willing there's no way he doesn't get back into coaching. Do you hear him on Fox Sports analyzing games? The guy is a coaching genius.

We'll see what he decides to do.

Where did you go Archives? We're 6 - 0 and coming for your Patriots. (and yes, the 49ers if you haven't followed have been a disaster since Harbaugh left so there's not been a whole lot to talk about). Of course now I sound like a follower of a team that has never won before by getting so excited over a quick start. In the real world I keep my mouth shut. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing. But since the majority of this board is sh*t talking and trolling I'll say something here.

I don't believe the Niners would beat the Patriots, Saints or Packers. We'll see what happens.

It is what it is. I was in high school living in Oakland when the '89 quake hit. I was in LA in college when the '94(?) Northridge quake hit LA. I was a freshman in college in LA when the Oakland Hills fire hit. It was right by my family's home. They evacuated but a lot of people around us lost their homes. It was devastating. Point being it comes with the territory of living here. (I can get into the political aspects of PG&E and why this is happening but that's a different discussion.) My wife directs a pre-school in Marin. School has been closed for four days now I believe because they don't have power. Many of my friends have had their power out within the past several weeks. It's all people talk about on Facebook. You look up in the sky and see smoke everywhere. It's crazy.

Hey, you didn't have any of those problems back in Boston, plus you got to the change of seasons

What do you got for me Mott?! We just hired the UC AD to be our new AD. Insert the Ron Paul “it’s happening” GIF here regarding Urban.

Nothing final of course and no guarantees but dude, I told you this has been in the works.

Back