8 1/2 months bad, 2 weeks good!

I can't believe we spend 9 months talking about the efficacy of Bush's policy in Pakistan, but nobody can even remember the conversations they have taken part in because I post a link to a blog.

It doesnt' matter what the conversations here were.

YOU said "the media" has called George Bush a murderer for years, and is now congratulating Obama for the same policy.

Prove it.

Look, Dung. Even this one can remember griping about Pakistan attacks. Even though he doesn't realize that this is what THIS thread is about.

FYI, uscitizen, I'll explain the blog article to you one more time.

The media, in this example specifically an NPR editorial, is declaring that Obama has brought us victory over al Qaeda in Pakistan with the bombings... of course, they don't mention he has only once used that strategy and it barely mentions the person who brought the policy into action.

1) We're talking about the media calling the attacks murder, saying that the attacks created more terrorists or making Pakistan the enemy. SHow me.

2) Actually, the media, in this case an article on NPR, is reporting what a senior U.S. official has told them about the efforts against Al Qaeda without ascribing the success to any particular president. In fact, the article barely mentions Obama at all, except to say:

The intelligence reports have been shared with President Barack Obama and underlie his decision to authorize the continued use of unmanned aircraft to launch missile and precision-guided bombs against suspected al-Qaida targets in Pakistan's border region. One such strike was carried out on Jan. 23, just three days after Obama took office.

The CIA has been using drone aircraft to carry out attacks on suspected al-Qaida and Taliban targets in Pakistan for several years, but such attacks were significantly expanded last summer under orders from President George W. Bush. They also became more lethal, with the CIA for the first time using Reaper drones, an enhanced version of the Predator model used previously. The Reaper is capable of carrying two Hellfire missiles, as well as precision-guided bombs.

So the article makes abundantly fucking clear that Obama is merely continuing the program started by Bush that Bush expanded in the Summer.

Further, the article goes out of its way to say that we should not declare victory:

The officials interviewed by NPR asked not to be identified because of sensitivities surrounding the CIA campaign. They also insist it is too early to declare victory in the struggle against al-Qaida in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region, and they caution that a number of the factors that explain the recent successes could yet be reversed.

And then they go on to say that the success over the past several months, which by my math includes the Bush Administration, should not be understated:

Still, the counterterrorism and intelligence officials interviewed for this report say the achievement of the past several months should not be understated.

The article also helpfully explains what has brought about that success and it is not attributed to Obama:

The U.S. officials interviewed for this report attribute the success to improved intelligence on al-Qaida operations in the border area, some of it gathered as a result of "human penetration" of the network.

Hack.

Damo did you miss the part of your link in which a witness said he had never seen the accuracy that was evident in this recetn attack?

I think it may be possible Bush's agression in Pakistan may have been a show for the media instead of intended to truely end the mess.

It doesnt' matter what the conversations here were.

YOU said "the media" has called George Bush a murderer for years, and is now congratulating Obama for the same policy.

Prove it.
I did not. I said we had conversations that called Bush a "murderer" about it. Please re-read. Those conversations had links to editorials, in those editorials we were "creating more terrorists" by our actions in Pakistan. That is what I said.

I said, we have gone from "creating more terrorists" to "victory is at hand", and that people on this site who were accusing Bush of murder based on articles about how were were "creating more terrorists" are now cheer leading.

I don't have to "prove" an assertion I did not make. I talked about how people here had said it was murder to jog the memory about previous conversations on this subject, and the articles that started those conversations.

I did not. I said we had conversations that called Bush a "murderer" about it. Please re-read. Those conversations had links to editorials, in those editorials we were "creating more terrorists" by our actions in Pakistan. That is what I said.

This is about the media. Please. At least read it before you start commenting.

Media: "8 1/2 months of bombing in Pakistan by Bush = 'Creating Terrorists' = Making Pakistan the Enemy = Badterribletarandfeathersuck."

Media: "2 weeks bombing by Obama = 'Victory' = Defeating Terrorism = Supergoodfantasticlickshoesawesomeness"

Same bombing, different reaction.

Liar.

“He’s seen the results of many airstrikes over the past year or two, but this one really impressed him,” Newsweek said. “The missile didn’t just hit the right house; it scored a direct hit on the very room where Mustafa Al Misri and several other Qaeda operatives were holed up.”

The unnamed sub-commander said the hit was so accurate that “it’s as if someone had tossed a GPS device against the wall”.

According to the article, Pakistan’s intelligence services have started to “help the Americans track and kill fugitive terrorists”, “after years in which they were suspected of shielding Osama Bin Laden’s lieutenants—or, at least, not pursuing them very vigorously”.

Maybe just maybe Damo its the result of actually trying to win instead of just going through the motions.

It may have been Bush was holding back this type of accurate weapondry in an attempt to either keep us commited to both wars for his personal gain or postpone the mess when we actually withdrawl.

Maybe the media is taken by the NEW accuracy of the weapons being used just like this witness is?

Damo did you miss the part of your link in which a witness said he had never seen the accuracy that was evident in this recetn attack?

I think it may be possible Bush's agression in Pakistan may have been a show for the media instead of intended to truely end the mess.
Dumb as a post. One attack does not decimate al Qaeda to the point where we now have a shot at "victory". It simply doesn't.

NPR is saying that we now have a shot at victory because of the attacks for the past 9 months. It gives Obama more credit than the person who started it, and people here who think that Bush was a "murderer" will defend everything they say because they refuse to see any bias in reporting.

Threads like this one:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-15227.html?t=15227&highlight=pakistan+murder

Note:

1. Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda: The Global War on Terror started here. Osama bin Laden was to be brought in "dead or alive" -- until, in December 2001, he escaped from a partial US encirclement in the mountainous Tora Bora region of Afghanistan (and many of the US troops chasing him were soon enough dispatched Iraqwards). Seven years later, bin Laden remains free, as does his second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahiri, probably in the mountainous Pakistani tribal areas near the Afghan border. Al-Qaeda has been reconstituted there and is believed to be stronger than ever. An allied organization that didn't exist in 2001, al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia, was later declared by President Bush to be the "central front in the war on terror," while al-Qaeda branches and wannabe groups have proliferated elsewhere.

And this:

3. Pakistan: At the time of the invasion of Afghanistan, the Bush administration threw its support behind General Pervez Musharraf, the military dictator of relatively stable, nuclear-armed Pakistan. In the ensuing years, the US transferred at least $10 billion, mainly to the general's military associates, to fight the Global War on Terror. (Most of the money went elsewhere). Seven years later, Musharraf has fallen ingloriously, while the country has reportedly turned strongly anti-American -- only 19% of Pakistanis in a recent BBC poll had a negative view of al-Qaeda -- is on the verge of a financial meltdown, and has been strikingly destabilized, with its tribal regions at least partially in the hands of a Pakistani version of the Taliban as well as al-Qaeda and foreign jihadis. That region is also now a relatively safe haven for the Afghan Taliban. American planes and drones attack in these areas ever more regularly, causing civilian casualties and more anti-Americanism, as the US edges toward its third real war in the region.

This editorial clearly aims to show how "wrong" something is, that as soon as Obama gets into office changes to "victory is within our grasp because of the brave leadership"...

It's fricking freaky how you people can't remember stories like this when you posted them yourself sometimes.

LOL, yeah and one reply by me poking fun at Sir Galahad.
Big response thread by the liberals there Damo.

Last edited:
Dumb as a post. One attack does not decimate al Qaeda to the point where we now have a shot at "victory". It simply doesn't.

NPR is saying that we now have a shot at victory because of the attacks for the past 9 months. It gives Obama more credit than the person who started it, and people here who think that Bush was a "murderer" will defend everything they say because they refuse to see any bias in reporting.

Actually, it says no such thing. I think you have swallowed some right wing bullshit, and it's too bad you can't read the article with your own eyes, and without that poison inside of you. You've been had.

You're full of shit.

I find it real interesting that Bush was known to say that these wars would out last his presidency.

He told us years in advance that the next president would have to end these wars because they would NOT end under him.

He was annoucing that he was not trying to end them. They were his hold on the Amrican people and if he ended them the fallout would be blamed on him. Even that idiot knew it.

Now we have a president who does want the wars to end. Funny that all of the sudden people like this witness are amazed that we have weapons that can be so accurate?

This guy says he has seen lots of American bombs fall buy (until now) none this ....well....effective.

I said, we have gone from "creating more terrorists" to "victory is at hand", and that people on this site who were accusing Bush of murder based on articles about how were were "creating more terrorists" are now cheer leading.

I don't have to "prove" an assertion I did not make. I talked about how people here had said it was murder to jog the memory about previous conversations on this subject, and the articles that started those conversations.

This is about the media. Please. At least read it before you start commenting.

Media: "8 1/2 months of bombing in Pakistan by Bush = 'Creating Terrorists' = Making Pakistan the Enemy = Badterribletarandfeathersuck."

Media: "2 weeks bombing by Obama = 'Victory' = Defeating Terrorism = Supergoodfantasticlickshoesawesomeness"

Same bombing, different reaction.

Dung. Show me where it says the media says "murder" in the post you quoted here. I didn't say that. I said people HERE said he was a murderer in conversations started with threads that linked articles that said, "creating more terrorists".

You people are so desperate to cover this up with sand, you can't even see when you are being disingenuous.

I find it real interesting that Bush was known to say that these wars would out last his presidency.

He told us years in advance that the next president would have to end these wars because they would NOT end under him.

He was annoucing that he was not trying to end them. They were his hold on the Amrican people and if he ended them the fallout would be blamed on him. Even that idiot knew it.

Now we have a president who does want the wars to end. Funny that all of the sudden people like this witness are amazed that we have weapons that can be so accurate?

This guy says he has seen lots of American bombs fall buy (until now) none this ....well....effective.
I find it interesting that people like Desh think that war with Islamic radicalism that has been going on for centuries could be resolved in one President's terms. Of course Bush said it would outlast his Presidency, he had history to show evidence that it would.

Dung. Show me where it says the media says "murder" in the post you quoted here. I didn't say that. I said people HERE said he was a murderer in conversations started with threads that linked articles that said, "creating more terrorists".

You people are so desperate to cover this up with sand, you can't even see when you are being disingenuous.

Fuck you. Support your original claim, you hack. I'm not being disingenuous. You're trying to change the subject. Support the garbage you post or don't post it.

Edit: Once you support the original claim we can discuss your backtracking bullshit about people here claiming that the Pakistan policy was "murder" and "creating terrorists." As I recall, there was an interesting confluence of Obama supporters actually supporting the Pakistan policy whereas McCain supporters (and BAC) opposed it, claiming that Obama wanted to invade Pakistan and that it would result in extremists taking over the Pakistani government and seizing control of nuclear weapons. But, first things first.

Last edited:
Fuck you. Support your original claim, you hack. I'm not being disingenuous. You're trying to change the subject. Support the garbage you post or don't post it.
LOL.

Translation: I was being disingenuous, I was caught at it and clearly shown to be the fool by Damocles. Now I'm going to shout and pretend that I still can't remember even the past 10 minutes and try to cover my own ownership.

I find it interesting that people like Desh think that war with Islamic radicalism that has been going on for centuries could be resolved in one President's terms. Of course Bush said it would outlast his Presidency, he had history to show evidence that it would.

Remember now Damo this is about the media.

:D

Crawfish alert!!!

LOL Damo , Its going to be a mess whenever we leave. These people will revert back to what they have been like they did after Russia left. Its just while we are there we may actually try to eliminate some of the worst leaders.

I think Afganistan is the way out of Iraq. Its a staging place in a sense. Withdraw to Afganistan and stablize it as much as possilbe and then pull out.

The mess is going to be there for years. Obama is just going to do the best he can to leave as little behind to fuel the next stage of their insanity.

Remember now Damo this is about the media.

:D

Crawfish alert!!!

You are seriously out of touch today.

I'll bet you still haven't caught on to what the topic of the thread is.

Hint: It's about bombing in Pakistan and how the media reacts differently to different people in the white house.

Desh's post is an attempt to give a reason for the media's different position. It actually is on topic.

You really need to step out of this one and move on.

LOL.

Translation: I was being disingenuous, I was caught at it and clearly shown to be the fool by Damocles. Now I'm going to shout and pretend that I still can't remember even the past 10 minutes and try to cover my own ownership.

No Damo.

Your original post cannot be supported. YOU'VE changed the subject.

Back