8 in 10 Americans - Commies!

Well I'll tell you what then. States have done a very poor job of letting people know. I'm sure in most places the man on the street would not know that their children can get free health insurance.

I didn't know until I saw the CHIPS commercial with Ed Rendell.

IHG, my brotha!

I'm so glad to hear you singing the praises of a national, comphrensive healthcare plan passed at the Federal level, and adminstered by states! CHIP!

;)

Well I'll tell you what then. States have done a very poor job of letting people know. I'm sure in most places the man on the street would not know that their children can get free health insurance.

I didn't know until I saw the CHIPS commercial with Ed Rendell.

Well I'll tell you what then. States have done a very poor job of letting people know.

Totally agree. Espcially in Texas. It was almost like the Feds had to drag them kicking and screaming to adopt CHIP. And its almost like they keep it a well-guarded secret, so working parents don't find out about it.

In california, its well known, and very easy for working parents to get their kids insured.

Nope never had a problem with healthcare for children. Theres nothing a child can do to secure better healthcare for themselves. Its just like universal education in my view. If I had my druthers I prefer the states funded it in total so they wouldn't be controlled by government pursestrings but there a million worse things and I'm not going to rail against it.

Nope never had a problem with healthcare for children. Theres nothing a child can do to secure better healthcare for themselves. Its just like universal education in my view. If I had my druthers I prefer the states funded it in total so they wouldn't be controlled by government pursestrings but there a million worse things and I'm not going to rail against it.

The red states are the biggest beneficiaries of federal CHIP program, IMO. (most of) The conservative red states would have never adopted universal children's health insurance on their own. You know they wouldn't. If it was dependent entirely on state funding, which is scarce especially in red states, they wouldn't touch an entitlement program - for both ideological and fiscal reasons.

Red state children shouldn't be dependent on ideologs, as to whether they can see a doctor or not.

That's just my opinion.

I understand Cypress but actually one of the reasons why these people are tolerated in the red states is because the federal government gives them everything which they speak out against. Then they run on bashing gays or some other social issue and get to have the benefit of the programs they lambast while getting the support of the people. If the federal government didn't hold the hand of these states the state politicians would have their incompetency exposed to the voters and they would be taken down.

It is actually the enemies of conservatism that are feeding it by using liberal policies to allow them to remain in power in their respective states and then send their representatives to Washington.

I understand Cypress but actually one of the reasons why these people are tolerated in the red states is because the federal government gives them everything which they speak out against. Then they run on bashing gays or some other social issue and get to have the benefit of the programs they lambast while getting the support of the people. If the federal government didn't hold the hand of these states the state politicians would have their incompetency exposed to the voters and they would be taken down.

It is actually the enemies of conservatism that are feeding it by using liberal policies to allow them to remain in power in their respective states and then send their representatives to Washington.

I understand Cypress but actually one of the reasons why these people are tolerated in the red states is because the federal government gives them everything which they speak out against. Then they run on bashing gays or some other social issue

Totally agree. Its odd that, these days, southerners hate FDR, when it was FDRs New Deal that transformed the south from an impoverished third-world backwater, into something (sort of) resembling a first-world industrialized nation.

We do it at the lodge. The software is cool, it takes the picture makes the id and deletes the image so there is no permanent picture saved on the computer.

Back