$9 Trillion Didn't End Poverty -- What to Do?

You need to learn to read. No one said anything about "inherently higher" anything. I simply said that unemployment and poverty are by-products of capitalism.

Saying that high unemployment exists in China doesn't refute anything.

Interesting to note that China's boom of recent years has more resembled the Republican ideal of capitalism than communism.

You need to learn to read. No one said anything about "inherently higher" anything. I simply said that unemployment and poverty are by-products of capitalism.

saying that its a by product infer's in not in other systems.
When it's the lowest in capitalism there is many ways to say it much smarter than you did.

saying that its a by product infer's in not in other systems.
When it's the lowest in capitalism there is many ways to say it much smarter than you did.

A speaker or writer doesn't infer anything. Readers and listeners infer, writers and speakers imply. But I didn't imply anything. Saying that X is a by-product of Y doesn't mean that X is only a by-product of Y.

Ok so you don't refute the point that unemployment is lowest amoung the free market capitalist country's.
You we're just including unemployment is as an educational thing. LOFL

Ok so you don't refute the point that unemployment is lowest amoung the free market capitalist country's.
You we're just including unemployment is as an educational thing. LOFL

There is no reason to refute that point. It is irrelevant to the discussion. My contention is that unemployment and poverty are inherent byproducts of a capitalist economy. Saying that unemployment is relatively low in capitalist economies doesn't refute my point.

We will always have unemployment and we will always have poverty. What do we do about it?

Since the "Great Society" liberal Dems have had their way, and accumlated wealth transfers of over $9 trillion to fight poverty

]

Uh, the poverty rate has been dropped by at least half since the early 1960s. Prior to the early 60s poverty was routinely in the 20 to 30 percent range.

And taking into account medicare, and medicaid, seniors are far better off than in days past, as are the poor.

And listen, you wingnut. The "Great Society" wasn't just about poor people. We have shit today, that you simply take for granted, because of the great society. Like consumer protection laws, airline safety, environmental and work occupation safety, and a host of other shit you just take for granted today.

which clearly explains why communist russia had a whole class of people living in poverty.

which clearly explains why communist russia had a whole class of people living in poverty.

What the fuck are you people talking about? This has nothing to do with Russia or China or communism or any other economic system.

Unemployment and poverty are inherent in capitalism. That doesn't mean that they are exclusive to capitalism.

What the fuck are you people talking about? This has nothing to do with Russia or China or communism or any other economic system.

Unemployment and poverty are inherent in capitalism. That doesn't mean that they are exclusive to capitalism.

unemployment and poverty are inherent in ANY system of economy. you were the dufus trying to label capitalism as the only system that has unemployment and poverty by obtusely avoiding other systems in your statement.

unemployment and poverty are inherent in ANY system of economy. you were the dufus trying to label capitalism as the only system that has unemployment and poverty by obtusely avoiding other systems in your statement.

Who said anything about only?

Read the article in the original piece. It asks why we haven't ended poverty notwithstanding that we've spent $9 trillion trying to do so. The presumption is that there is a way to structure our political economy to not have poverty.

My response is that poverty in inherent in the system. You can't get rid of it. And since we have a capitalist system, its the only one I'm talking about.

Back