A democrat I'd vote for

He admits to having brain worms. He is working with Trump for a position in his administration.
What makes him a Democrat?

Manchin was torpedoing legislation for the wealthy who own the Repubs. He was never a real Dem.
The bolded makes me LOL. It's essentially saying that if you don't vote with your party 100% of the time you aren't a member of that party. It's like Republicans that complained about people like Susan Collins.

It also ignores reality that not every state is Mississippi or California yet people expect Senators to vote as if their state is. But I suppose that won't stop people from demanding ideological purity.

The bolded makes me LOL. It's essentially saying that if you don't vote with your party 100% of the time you aren't a member of that party. It's like Republicans that complained about people like Susan Collins.

It also ignores reality that not every state is Mississippi or California yet people expect Senators to vote as if their state is. But I suppose that won't stop people from demanding ideological purity.
Manchin was the only one opposing Biden's policy initiatives.

Manchin was the only one opposing Biden's policy initiatives.
If all you want is to defeat trump, he's the guy. All dems would vote for him, never trumper repubs would, and he'd at least get a significant portion of independents.
But dims, like repubs, insist on ideological purity even if it means taking the chance of losing.
Da Ho really has no chance against Trump.

If all you want is to defeat trump, he's the guy. All dems would vote for him, never trumper repubs would, and he'd at least get a significant portion of independents.
But dims, like repubs, insist on ideological purity even if it means taking the chance of losing.
silly

Mansion? Seriously, can we not pick candidates who have not surpassed the average lifespan for their gender?

Dems despise Manchin. So this is simply a thought exercise. If by ‘idealogy’ you mean they believe in climate change color me guilt and of course last but not least you give away the swing states you have to win. But otherwise the idea is brilliant.

I’d say if you effectively kill the signature bill of the sitting President if YOUR party it’s fair to make that statement. It’s not about being ‘pure’ it’s about at least supporting your parties agenda.

I’d say if you effectively kill the signature bill of the sitting President if YOUR party it’s fair to make that statement. It’s not about being ‘pure’ it’s about at least supporting your parties agenda.
You’ll find a large number of #MAGA folks who claim Paul Ryan isn’t a Republican because he didn’t push for Trump’s signature issue, a border wall. If we’re using the definition you referenced then I suppose he’s not one. That’s not a definition I buy.

You’ll find a large number of #MAGA folks who claim Paul Ryan isn’t a Republican because he didn’t push for Trump’s signature issue, a border wall. If we’re using the definition you referenced then I suppose he’s not one. That’s not a definition I buy.
I think the sentiment is accurate even if not precisely correct. Manchin was the classic blue dog Dem. They are becoming less and less common. And failing to eliminate the filibuster is, IMHO, malpractice that has opened the door to a potential Trump adminstration who WILL eliminate the filibuster if they have the numbers in the Senate. And that wouild be nothing short of a disaster. Senate Republicans have already shown a willingness to violate their constitutional mandate for partisan politics. If Trump is charge, God help us all.

As for Paul Ryan, well, HE is the one being punished for not being idealogically pure. There has been no party in the last 100 years that has demanded the blind fealty of the current Republican party.

Manchin and Sinema torpedoed much Dem legislation and moves. He is a Repub in a blue suit. He is as pro-corporate and pro-wealthy as the Repub party is. He may run 3rd party to help Trump.

Back