A father's pride - home in 58 days with a promotion.

I'm putting your words on the list with the others here and I'll be sending them to her tomorrow.

Of course, she'll be keeping the "cutie pie" and "adorable" away from the rest of her squad. :)

Ruins her tough girl image.

Thank you sister.

LOL. That's the same with my brother. He's got this baby face, although he's like 2 ft taller than she is, but I can't help but go, "awwwwww" when I see him in fatigues.

Great News BAC. My nephews have all come home for now. 4 of them have done 2 tours over there either in Iraq or Afghanistan and 1 of them has done one. Right now one's re-deployment to Iraq is on hold until after the presidential election. Tell your daughter thank you for me as well.

BAC along with all the others, please remember my thank you! She is cute, how tall is she? I look like that in pictures where I'm between my brother and dad, and I'm not that short!

You did a good job raising her, she looks very confident, which of course the promotion seconds! Cheers to finally some good sleep.

2552744605_d75c271d89.jpg

The little one is mine. :)

She'll be home in 58 days and she's getting promoted to SFC.

No more tours of Iraq.

Just wanted to share with friends.

Congratulations, BAC! (and congratulations and many thanks to your daughter, too) :). You must be so proud, and so very relieved!

Last edited:
I can't imagine the incredible fear mingled with pride you have been experiencing. Congratulations, and thank her for me as well.

You should be proud. Her service is greatly appreciated and I don't believe people are disparaging of what she does. I think that lots of people are offended that her commander in chief put her in harms way with so little actual knowledge and sold that to us by deciding what we should and should not hear about the reasons for and against sending her to Iraq. Dispite what so many believe, bringing them home from Iraq would be a tremendous example of supporting our troops.

Oh and when you talk to her could you tell her to pass on to the SSG standing to her left in the picture that my phone number is...ah well never mind. ;)

You should be proud. Her service is greatly appreciated and I don't believe people are disparaging of what she does. I think that lots of people are offended that her commander in chief put her in harms way with so little actual knowledge and sold that to us by deciding what we should and should not hear about the reasons for and against sending her to Iraq. Dispite what so many believe, bringing them home from Iraq would be a tremendous example of supporting our troops.

Oh and when you talk to her could you tell her to pass on to the SSG standing to her left in the picture that my phone number is...ah well never mind. ;)

To her left huh? Well, you know, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

all right SMART asses to THE left and not HER left my bad. I did say SSG so it was clear who I was talking about. The guy is already a SFC! LOL I am such a dumbass.

Great News BAC. My nephews have all come home for now. 4 of them have done 2 tours over there either in Iraq or Afghanistan and 1 of them has done one. Right now one's re-deployment to Iraq is on hold until after the presidential election. Tell your daughter thank you for me as well.

Thank you sir .. the list is growing and you're on it.

BAC along with all the others, please remember my thank you! She is cute, how tall is she? I look like that in pictures where I'm between my brother and dad, and I'm not that short!

You did a good job raising her, she looks very confident, which of course the promotion seconds! Cheers to finally some good sleep.

LOL :)

Sleep? .. When she gets home I'm going into a coma.

Thank you.

Your words will bring a smile to her face.

Actually, the guy standing next to her if 6'3" and the other woman is 6'4"

:) That's funny.

But you're right .. bringing them home from a Hell where the vast majority of people want them dead is the only way to really support them.

LOL :)

Sleep? .. When she gets home I'm going into a coma.

Thank you.

Your words will bring a smile to her face.

Actually, the guy standing next to her if 6'3" and the other woman is 6'4"

LOL! My brother is 6'2 and my father was 6'1. I'm 5'1. Needless to say, I looked a shortie.

5'1 is not that short. Want to fight about it? LOL!

Back