A little Poll.. The Newsticker...

News Ticker! What of it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and as an afterthought if you are going to persist with more and more add ons at least offer a scaled down simple version of the site. It wouldn't be hard. Or make it so you can turn all these things on or off in the control panel. I can help you with that if one has to dive into the code to get that result.

ok look dude, you are going overboard. This isn't yahoo. We know how to use google, we know how to get news. You are going down a very ugly path where you'll have links to "lifestyle" and "autos" .. I mean HELL, what if someone needs a new microwave, lets put links to an appliance retailer as well!

One thing that a lot of people CLAIMED to like about fullpolitics, and this site for a while, is the simplicity. You don't need 50 links going every which way. I love orange juice and I love pizza, but that doesn't mean they have to go together. You don't need every god damn idea under the sun splashed up on this page.

It reminds me back when websites first started out, idiotic newbies realized it was really cool to have a dancing jesus animated gif, flashing lights, midi files playing in the background, and the god awful pointless flash intro.

Now you may then state: "but grind, I'm just giving people what they want, what's wrong with that?" But what you and the members of this site don't realize, is that although each new stupid little idea sounds interesting, after adding more and more things you end up with a jumbled mess.

It's getting ridiculous I feel like I am going to have a seizure with the rotating header, the moving newsticker.. etc.. give it a rest.

SERIOUSLY.

Oh......look who showed up and killed all the fun!

Beefy would have never done this!:eek:

Damo, I like the sight, the new header (although it could use some latino's and less flag), and your ideas.

/kissA$$ off

The thing of it is, Grind. I'm thinking of tanking the ticker, we have a news page, and I can add any rss feed people want to it. It is functional and very slimming. You will lose weight and enjoy life more if you use it.

If I had this stock portfolio thing, if you didn't use it then it wouldn't be there.

lol

and we'd probably just trade on stupid whims and kick his A!

anything is possible in the market. If you two seriously want to try something like that... CNBC has a $1mm portfolio challenge. Try it out. If nothing else it is a good learning experience.... and it is almost always won by someone who went all-in on one or two stocks and got lucky.

My only hang ups with the contest is that it doesn't let you trade ETFs or Options. Nor does it let you short sell stocks. Plus I tend to invest like I normally do and that does not lend itself to win these types of contests.

Or... we could start a thread and everyone pick 5/10/15 stocks (or whatever number we want for a portfolio) and we can see how those stocks do over a month/two (again whatever timeframe). Doing this would force people to be more disciplined in their investing.

consider it... who knows... if you win... you could rub it in for the next decade.... and I promise to take Darla off IA if she wins so that I am forced to see her gloating if she beats me.

anything is possible in the market. If you two seriously want to try something like that... CNBC has a $1mm portfolio challenge. Try it out. If nothing else it is a good learning experience.... and it is almost always won by someone who went all-in on one or two stocks and got lucky.

My only hang ups with the contest is that it doesn't let you trade ETFs or Options. Nor does it let you short sell stocks. Plus I tend to invest like I normally do and that does not lend itself to win these types of contests.

Or... we could start a thread and everyone pick 5/10/15 stocks (or whatever number we want for a portfolio) and we can see how those stocks do over a month/two (again whatever timeframe). Doing this would force people to be more disciplined in their investing.

consider it... who knows... if you win... you could rub it in for the next decade.... and I promise to take Darla off IA if she wins so that I am forced to see her gloating if she beats me.
We'd quote it anyway.

Back